PDA

View Full Version : FOP Management changes

Cronus
20th May 2010, 10:11
Just read the DFO update. FOP management changes to take effect later this year, RH promoted to DFO and SK to GMA.

Curious to know what some of the people who've been here longer than I have see for the future?

Cronus

VR-HFX
20th May 2010, 11:22
...and if Dickie can do that...Capt Parker and I will go back onto the Caribou Fleet...hauling contraband and ladies of ill-repute to market:cool:

nitpicker330
20th May 2010, 12:28
Macadamia nuts too

Oriental Express
20th May 2010, 12:36
We need a bloody pay increase Dicky:ok:

Another pay increase in the real world ( Australia anyway ) but not Cathay

Average weekly wage rises to $1242
THE average weekly wage in Australia is now $1242.20, after rising by 5.8 per cent in the year to February.

The quarterly seasonally-adjusted pace of average weekly ordinary time earnings (AWOTE) rose 1.1 per cent in the three months to February, Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) data said.

This was lower than the 2.2 per cent quarterly growth recorded in the three months to November, but still left the annual rate well above the Reserve Bank of Australia's (RBA) perceived "line in the sand" at 4.5 per cent.

Still, the composition of the AWOTE series tends to make it volatile, which is why the RBA prefers to use the wage price index - released on Wednesday - as one of its main guides to wages growth.

That index showed growth of 0.9 per cent in the March quarter with the annual rate rising to 3 per cent.

Virtual Reality
20th May 2010, 13:38
Same circus but different clowns .........:ugh:

VR :cool:

buggaluggs
20th May 2010, 13:53
I'm gunna be needing some more hard liqour...:{

Saturn
20th May 2010, 15:12
Just ask the Dragon boys what they thought of R.H. and his brief stint at DA!

S.K. is the anti christ and so is his little minion.

I think it's gonna get ugly fellas.:mad:

Remember, "DO NOT WEAR YOUR UNIFORM WHILE COMMUTING AND NO MORE BASE SWAPS TEMP, OR OTHERWISE IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE DOCUMENTS TO WORK IN THAT COUNTRY-NO ACCEPTIONS! EVEN IF WE ARE WRONG"!

Wasn't it N.R. that said there was no money in cargo? Well, never mind that watch ALL of cargo be spun off to Air China soon, or Air Hong Kong!

I just want to take the time and thank the AOA again for a great job in assisting our terms and conditions errode and soon more will follow with these new positions.

geh065
20th May 2010, 15:17
Is this even considered a promotion for NR?

bellcrank88
21st May 2010, 05:14
Cathay has groomed RH for years to see if he has the "right stuff". He has shown over and over he is capable of doing "what is required" regardless whether it is makes any sense or not. He is perfect for the job as far a CX Management are concerned.

Do not expect him to do anything for the pilots. He is working for the company, not us.

NoseGear
21st May 2010, 06:29
Sorry for the thread drift.....BUT....Saturn, your a hyprocrite:= You never miss the opportunity to take a shot at the AOA, even over something as tenuous as management changes:rolleyes: You blame the AOA for everything since The Hump was a mound, and yet, your probably not even a member. I look forward to the day when we do get payrises, thanks to the work of the AOA and ITS members, and no doubt we will see you stand on your principles and not take anything the union has worked to get for the membership. Or will you quietly take the benefits the union and membership sweat to get for you and slink off into the corner? I know which one Ill be betting on:rolleyes:

Back to news on the "upgrades":E

Liam Gallagher
21st May 2010, 09:04
Not that I am really one to defend the AOA.... but in the interest of fair and balanced reporting:

The current Housing Agreement satisfies the wording of my contract; I believe that was a result of AOA negotiation and some fairly "hardball" voting by the AOA membership.

In 2001 (ish) TT proclaimed he could change the Rostering Practices of the Pilots as easily as he could change the colour of the aircrafts' tails. After a few lengthy Court Apperances (funded by the AOA) TT had to sign off on a negotiated Roster Practices Agreement. Now that agreement may not be to everyone's taste, but you can be certain it is more palatable than anything TT would invent and then reinvent to suit himself.

"Wart's-in-all", described above are 2 agreements that the AOA negotiated that have improved my lifestyle markedly.

nitpicker330
21st May 2010, 23:39
Saturn should change his name to Uranus, very appropriate name for a scum sucking leech like him.

Captain Dart
22nd May 2010, 00:11
When CX flight crew get the smarmy update along the lines of 'This is my first update as DFO/GMA and I look forward to working with you...' etc etc, they must remember that both these individuals were involved in the cowardly Star Chamber episode, where they selected pilots for termination in an attempt to intimidate the rest of the CX pilot group.

Newer joiners to Cathay Pacific would do well to ask some of the 'old hands' about those times and what it led to (still with reverberations being felt today). It caused great anguish to many CX pilots, poisoned aircrew-management relations for a decade and indeed, hurt Cathay Pacific itself.

Please be guided accordingly.

kellykelpie
22nd May 2010, 00:46
we'll even have sandwiches again for the sims

Tell me you are joking?

Bograt
22nd May 2010, 01:21
Is it possible for SK to continue as GMA if he's jailed for perjury?

PS Taking bets on Steve M*h*s for Industrial relations Manager, anyone....

Kitsune
24th May 2010, 13:46
Saturn is just 411A under another name... add him to your ignore list.:cool:

Dan Winterland
24th May 2010, 15:07
Quote Saturn. "Just ask the Dragon boys what they thought of R.H. and his brief stint at DA!"

Speaking personally, I liked the payrise he gave me!

AAIGUY
24th May 2010, 17:32
RH was very fair to myself and two others when HR tried to f*ck us on something. No qualms with ever working with him again.

4 driver
24th May 2010, 23:39
SK sure moved up the ladder quick. He's been here - what - seven or eight years?
I bet that's ruffled a few feathers.

Bograt
25th May 2010, 01:29
RH was very fair to myself and two others when HR tried to f*ck us on something. No qualms with ever working with him again.Not me. Accused me of something without knowing any of the facts - until he was set straight by other managers.

Quote Saturn. "Just ask the Dragon boys what they thought of R.H. and his brief stint at DA!"

Speaking personally, I liked the payrise he gave me!That's because he had to stop any more people leaving. But hey, whatever works to achieve the best outcome. :ok:

AnAmusedReader
25th May 2010, 01:44
SK sure moved up the ladder quick. He's been here - what - seven or eight years?
I bet that's ruffled a few feathers.

9 actually; since 2001 - remember what happened that year?

Saturn
26th May 2010, 21:25
Wow, that was surely interesting but ok, I'll take the bait. I am and have been a member of the AOA for some time. I guess if you criticise or disagree you are condemed. I hate to keep beating a dead horse but I voted on every issue, mostly NO but some how things kept passing. RP04, RP07, COS 08, SLS, etc etc... But lets' just say I was wrong on all those accounts. DIRECT ENTRY CAPTAIN'S. Yeah, I keep bringing it up but It was probably the most important issue ever as it had never happened before and now look at time to command and what it has done to our so called seniority list.

Now if you want you can call me names and flame me all you want but I did not do any of these things. The AOA and it's membership, again of which I am one, did this. I joined for unity and to protect out COS. We are so divided and when you complain about what we have seen you are called names and told you are the problem. All I can say is I am quite dissapointed in the behavior of my colleagues. I now realize more than ever why we will never succeed in fighting the company. All we do is fight each other.

CX must love this, a completey divided workforce. Me and Iron Skillet must be the only ones complaining so we are the problem. Funny, when I read the AOA forums seems to me a lot of people are pissed off.

Signed Uranus, the Scum sucking Leach

NoseGear
26th May 2010, 23:07
After the lastest, I retract my original flame:ouch:

Kitsune
27th May 2010, 18:28
To see the reason that your conditions are continuously eroded... go to the HKAOA office, look back in the records all those years ago, and see how the vote, both by the HKAOA Committee and the members, went on the introduction of 'B' scales.

The white flag of personal expediency was nailed to the mast that day, and it has never, despite the 49'ers and all the rest, ever been hauled down.:cool:

CYRILJGROOVE
28th May 2010, 06:42
Never was a vote on B scales, if there was going to be one it would have been NO NO NO

Kitsune
28th May 2010, 08:42
Oh, there certainly was a vote... carefully linked by GC to a small upgrade of A scalers terms of service. Check the records, see how many voted against new joiners coming on a different payscale. I was there at the meeting, were you?:cool:

CYRILJGROOVE
28th May 2010, 14:14
Kitsune there never was a vote legitimising the divisive B scales. Did you see Elvis at the fictitious meeting? The company introduced them unilaterally as they did with ASL and a host of other underhanded items, ie DEC's etc etc etc.

The aircrew of CX never ever voted on introducing B scales.

Kitsune
28th May 2010, 20:24
CJG, you seem to be a newbie... or an old fart with alzheimers...

Please see post number 25... the evidence is there if you care to look it up:cool:

CYRILJGROOVE
28th May 2010, 23:35
I Say Again No Aircrew Voted On The Introduction Of B Scales. Kitsune....post The Motion, Date And Result If You Can Find It.....it Just Did Not Happen.

The Company Introduced B Scales,asl, Etc Etc Without Consultation And Without Going To A Vote.