PDA

View Full Version : EK on the busses

point8four
20th May 2010, 03:09
Two short steps from bussing to work:

RTA signed a contract for Emirates group employees 109 routes to and from residences:RTA website:

Public Transport Agency signs agreement for commuting employees of Emirates Group
19/05/2010

The Public Transport Agency of the Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) has signed a strategic agreement with Emirates Group to commute the employees of the Group from and to their homes and workplaces. The contract runs for 3 years, with an option to renew it for further two years.

The contract, worth about AED100 million, was signed in a ceremony held at RTA’s new premises at Al Garhoud yesterday. Signing on behalf of the RTA was Essa Abdul-Rahman Al Dosari, CEO of RTA Public Transport Agency, and on behalf of Emirates Group signed Adil Al Mulla, Vice President Procurement & Logistics (Services), Emirates Group.

Comprising Emirates Airline and DNATA among other companies, Emirates Group needs to commute more than 15,000 employees everyday between their residences and workplaces at Dubai International Airport, the Group’s Head Office and other sites in Dubai.

Commenting on the Agreement Al Dosari said: “This Agreement will take effect early next month (June) where modern buses dedicated to this service will start commuting employees of Emirates Airline Group from their residences to their workplaces and the other way round, shuttling over 109 routes.

“This step substantiates a new drive recently adopted by the RTA to maximize revenue sources, and comes in the context of the Investment Plan 2010 drawn up by the Agency, envisaging expenditure cuts and revenue maximization. Moreover, the Agreement also boosts the level of services rendered by the Agency and brings them to a broader spectrum of the community,” added Al Dosari.

ProteaPete
20th May 2010, 03:46
Good. I'll catch the bus that gets me to work 1hr before departure. Of course, then Stealy will try to tell me I'm "late for work," the to$$er.

As much as I'd like to see the above happen, controlled transport timings (in the audis or whatever) is here to stay for the pilots.

White Knight
20th May 2010, 04:05
EK has been 'bussing' the majority of it's employees for years.... This is just a change of contract I imagine from Avis to RTA.

yankee22
20th May 2010, 06:04
I'd love to ride the bus to work.... especially in the middle of summer with all the nice smelling gentleman onboard. Wouldn't that be fun!! No better way to start off a good turn around than to sweat your ass off while standing up in an overcrowded bus for 30-40mins.

I can just imagine all the wonderful conversations to be had during the joyful ride into work....

Oh, goody, goody. I can't wait!!! :ugh:

emratty
20th May 2010, 06:24
Totally pointless topic it has nothing to do with the pilots. I don't care how the majority of staff get to work and I think we have more important issues to worry about than this.

Wizofoz
20th May 2010, 07:35
Couldn't agree more, emratty.

There are actual problems at EK, and PPRUNE could be a valuable tool to discuss them and enlighten those from outside as to what is happening.

Instead, ANY communication from the company leads to a race to see who can post it here first, complete with the most contorted "Why this will UFCK up are lives" spin possible.

At the roadshows, the presenters are saying "Don't listen to what's said on PPRUNE, they're a bunch of whingers and most of what is said is rubbish."

Thanks to posts like this, point8four, they are right!

Desert Diner
20th May 2010, 09:43
So you guys are getting a free bus pass:ok:

magicmorris
21st May 2010, 12:29
I cant see the RTA sending busses to a number of crew buildings... The Europcar drivers we have at the minute already grumble enough....