PDA

View Full Version : Taking workout supplements through in checked baggage

Enji
19th May 2010, 20:25
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me. I'm travelling to Thailand soon (yes, I know) and I'm having to stay there for about 3 months. I do a bit of bodybuilding and I'm wanting to take a few supplements with me over there (the prices over there are extortionate!). Only a 2.5kg bag of protein and 500g bag of creatine, but too expensive over there. Both are completely legal in UK and Thailand but to anyone looking at them, they probably look like drugs :p. They are both powders. I would be buying new, which means they come in sealed, marked bags which you have to rip off the top strip to open them first time.

Has anyone done this before or taken anything like this through? I have been checking the web and read many people doing so without problem, but on the other hand, a few people being questioned about it.

I'm travelling from Glasgow with Emirates.

Also, are bags screen checked only once in Glasgow, or a second time in Dubai before getting transferred to another plane.

If anyone can help, I'd very much appreciate it.

smala01
20th May 2010, 20:36
You would be surprised but this happens quite a lot..

I know lots of people who take supplements through customs - best for them to be in the sealed tubs - not the "MyProtein" type plastic bags! Thailand is not the place you want to arouse any type of suspicion whatsoever.

Typically customs will only open your bags if the dogs sniff something dodgy so you should be fine.

Smala01

Enji
20th May 2010, 20:49
thank you for the reply!

myprotein bags eh..? :ugh: that's where I buy my supplements from :p

they now come in the sealed zip locker bags that you have to peel/tear the top off to access the zip first time. Did you see like that before?

Also, would my bag be screened in Dubai also?

Lastly, you said it happens quite a lot. Is this from personal experience or that you have worked in the airport?

thanks again