PDA

View Full Version : Air Wisconsin to close down all Wisconsin operations?

marketaero
19th May 2010, 15:16
I went to an aviation meetup last weekend and this guy from Wisconsin is telling me..."so did you know Air Wisconsin is closing down?"

Apparently they are shutting down all operations in this state and operate from another state or something like that. Or just closing down.

This would mean a couple of layoffs maybe 2000 people.

I wonder how true this is.

The Darkness
20th May 2010, 15:40
I haven't heard anything about the airline, Air Wisconsin, closing down. Maybe it's just their Appleton, Wisconsin HQ buildings, and/or their Milwaukee, Wisconsin hangar (at General Mitchell International Airport)?

The latter seems more likely, as they now fly solely for US Airways, with most of that flying being on the East Coast.

Just guessing.

weasil
20th May 2010, 20:04
Air Wisconsin handle a lot of our flights (United) and I have not heard anyone mention this. For those who don't know, Air Wisconsin was a United Express carrier and their headquarters is still in Appleton, WI. Although their aircraft fly US Airways Express out of Philadelphia, Charlotte, Norfolk etc... many United Express stations are still operated by Air Wisconsin ground employees (customer service, rampers etc).