PDA

View Full Version : low flying rule in Italien airspace

theseus2000
19th May 2010, 12:37
Hi,

I guess there may be some Italien pilots around who could answer a question regarding the Italien air law.

I need to know: What is the minimum flying height (AGL) in Italien airspace over water? In case it is 500ft as in Germany, is there any authority, where could I apply for a permission to fly lower? Is there a specific form or how does it work?

I have search through the Italien AIP and could not find any specification. Calling ENAC was not successful, because I do not speak Italien. I also send them an email, but did not receive any reply on that matter.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Marco

I-AINC
19th May 2010, 13:15
Hi Marco,

yes, in Italy is the same as in Germany, minimum 500ft AGL over water. I think that only copter can fly lower, maybe for safety reason.

I don't know if there's a permit to fly lower than 500ft AGL :confused:

vaibronco
19th May 2010, 16:24
What is the purpose of flying below 500ft over water and on fixed or rotary?

berniecta
20th May 2010, 22:05
If I'm not mistaken only aerial works, like gas tube mapping and banner tow (not really sure about this) are allowed below the prescribed altitude.

quixeven
21st May 2010, 16:39
Also bear in mind that between June 1st and September 30th, the minimum height over beaches is 1000' AGL within 100 metres on both sides of the shoreline. Not that everyone abides by this rule, but still it does exist.

As berniecta points out, specific authorisations may be granted to fly lower than the prescribed heights, but I guess it's on a case-by-case basis.

I'm afraid ENAC are the only people you should try and talk to in order to request a special authorisation. Not sure what specific ENAC unit you should write to, though :(