PDA

View Full Version : Flight Dispatch: Where is the value?

ozmahseer
19th May 2010, 00:13
Ok, this is a very general question and on face value it may even offend some, this is not my intent.
I'm looking for different views on the subject.

To even things out for the rest of the world I'm going to ask that those of you who hold some form of Joint Authority/Responsibility to imagine that you can only advise flight crew and that they can ignore you with complete support of the operator and regulator.

So to reiterate, this discussion is to assume that the Flight Dispatcher does not exercise any form of Operational Control.

So what's left?
What value do flight dispatchers bring to your system?
What products/services do they produce?
Can you or do you measure their performance? if so how?

waco
19th May 2010, 00:35
Looks to me like someone has got a homework question and wants other people to do it for them..............:ok:

waco
19th May 2010, 00:38
PS I sort of wrote a paper on this subject myself once. It ran to over 30 pages and after I had written it, nobody wanted to read it anyway!!!

ozmahseer
19th May 2010, 02:10
yes and no.....
lets call it research.

I sort of wrote a paper on this subject myself once. It ran to over 30 pages and after I had written it, nobody wanted to read it anyway!!!

send it through then! I'll read it.

falko
19th May 2010, 22:16
I'm interested too

waco
21st May 2010, 06:58
Hi all
As we know, each country defines roles differently, especially with regard to dispatchers. Let alone the roles of ops staff, ramp staff etc. It also varies from company to company within each carrier.

That said, I would not be happy releasing documents without knowing where it was going and too whom.

ozmahseer
21st May 2010, 08:58
Waco,
understood and fair enough, no pressure intended.
but if you are willing to consider releasing anything please PM me.
In response I'd be happy to disclose who I am, what I do and why I'm interested.

Most people who know me can probably guess who I am anyway.