View Full Version : Letter from UK CAA - ECG minor abnormality

rob99
1st Jul 2000, 15:13
Hi,

I got a letter saying my recent initial Class ONE shows a minor abnormality (left anterior hemiblock) and that "it is unlikely to represent anything serious and your medical certificate remains valid...

...However, within the next two months you should arrange an assessment with a local consultant cardiologist"

I must then send these results to the CAA.

So what does this mean ?

I was wanting to become poor and do a JAA ATPL ab initio soon.

Whats the point even if I keep my medical certificate, who the hell would employ a sick girl/guy like me ?

Or is it not so abnotrnal after all ?

Thanks,

Rob99

age 23.

VFE
2nd Jul 2000, 16:16
Hey Rob,
Calm down a little and listen to what the CAA said..."it is unlikely to represent anything serious and your medical cert remains valid".
See what the consultant says.
If you have the class 1 then you have the class 1.
Ok, airline medicals are reportedly more stringent but we ALL face the possibility that we may have something crop up when we get that far down the line mate.
See what the consultant says and ask him/her what the chances of this worsening are and then make your mind up.
Get as much info off the consultant as you can, explaining the importance of knowing the facts.
Please let us know what happens, won't you?

Best of luck and try not to worry.

Take care, VFE.

hansi
2nd Jul 2000, 18:48
Glad to see the CAA living in a dream world, "see a consultant within 2 months." just which country do they live in I've got a 6 month wait to see a gastro-enterologist and thats considered urgent.

mach78
3rd Jul 2000, 02:06
VFE, I don't think you understand the poor chaps concern.This has been an ongoing problem with the CAA for some time , whereby some abnormality has been discovered on an ECG and further investigation is required.
If you are in the position where you fly for a living, it an odious position to be in, as I know somebody who had the same experience.It is not simply a case of "if you have a class one, you have a class one" Point being he has a class one, but is worried about NOT having a class one
I hope your problem can be dealt with expeditiously Rob99,and good luck.