PDA

View Full Version : North Africa

Kash360
18th May 2010, 21:30
Hey,

I am planning another to Africa and 3-4 weeks time but this time to the North. I was wondering if anyone could help me with some information. I am planning on covering countries such as Egypt,Morroco,Libya,Chad,Tunisia and around that region. I hold a JAA fatpl with 285 hours. Would I be Ok with this to try and get my first gig there or will I be told to get lost. Any information will be much appriciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Kash360.

Nightrider
19th May 2010, 08:14
It may be helpful if you would elaborate your posting a bit more for others to understand your idea of a "gig". And what do you actually want to say with:
I am planning another to Africa

Kash360
20th May 2010, 11:46
Sorry my fault for not being clear. As many of you know I travelled to Botswana and Zambia looking to find work for a newly qualifed pilot. I am currently back at home in the UK and am planning to try to find work (pilots job) in North Africa, and was wondering if anyone would be so kind to help me with information relating to what was required in terms of hours,licence or even would converting my licence from JAA to countries such as Eygpt,Libya,Chad and so on... be possible. Any help would be appricated.

Kash360.

Abu Bebo
24th May 2010, 01:17
Hi ka$h,

So you're feet are itchy again and you've nearly saved enough from that forecourt job to fund another adventure, I admire your spirit. We await with baited breath another African Adventure; I hope your quality and quantity of blogging merits another 'sticky'.

Good luck with the planning

A.B.

Kash360
24th May 2010, 13:15
Firstly thanks Abu Bebo, glad you enjoyed the first thread. I am planning to go out again and cover new ground and hopefully be sucsesful this time around. I am finding it hard to do my homework before I go out and was wondering if my dear fellow peers would help answer a few questions.

1) Is there any work for small operators i.e piston or turboprops in countries such as Morocco,Algeria,Tunisia,Libya,Egypt,Niger,Chad and Mali for a JAA CPL/ME/IR holder?

2) How difficult would it be to convert a licence from JAA to one of these countries?

3) do they allow forgien pilots and if so is it difficult getting a work permit?

4) Does anyone know of the company names and contact details in the countries mentioned above?

I would really appriciate it if you could help answer these questions as I wish to go out to North Africa and start my search for a new career soon.

lilflyboy262
25th May 2010, 15:06
I know Chad is mostly covered by a Canadian outfit, cant remember the name, I think it is Ken Borich or something similiar. They fly the twin otters around there. As for the rest. No idea!
Good luck, hope you get a job there! If not, come back in August!