PDA

View Full Version : Can an international Student get Sponsored

ozotz
18th May 2010, 15:29
Hello, My name is Imo and almost done with my PPL. I have a passion worse than breathing for flying and unfortunately do not have all the funds to go through with all the training. I actually started my training last year April but have laboured hard to get to this point due to lack of funds and miraculously just have about 35hrs dual and solo combined.

I am doing my Solo Navs and would be testing soon.

I just want to ask if its possible for someone like me to get sponsorship for my Night rating, IF rating and my Hour Building, Multi-Engine training. What I guess am asking if I can get sponsored for my Commercial.

Well I am a nigerian currently in South Africa doing the PPL if that would be any help. If anyone out there knows how I can get this my oxygen to breath, cause if I finish PPL i really don't know how I can continue but I need to Fly as thats more than a passion for me.

Thanks

CaptainBloggs
19th May 2010, 08:55
There are various sponsorship programmes available throughout the World, including the UK, but competition is fierce and you may still have to raise finance to act as a bond should you default on your training.

Nationality is only important in that you would have to have the right to live, study and work in the country/countries where training and employment opportunites are offered.

A quick perusal of this website will reveal far more than I could about sponsorships. But in short, and in theory, yes a foreign national could get sponsorship in the UK, but it would be for the whole course, and you won't get anything for free!

Good Luck
Captain Bloggs

flyhighspeed300
20th May 2010, 20:52
I have a Frozen ATPL for the last 2 1/2 years with around 300hrs + now.
I am Willing to pay for an instructor rating tomorrow or half the cost of a type rating.

I still cannot still get a flying job now nor an aviation job. even offering to pay for my ratings and work for free.

Just to give the idea of the number of pilots looking for work, there where 650 pilot that appiled for one first officer job in january.

try and get a aviation job first.

anyway a night rating only £500-£600. you need to just fly once a month like most people, to build up your air time.