PDA

View Full Version : Cops refuse to employ white pilots

Selfloader
18th May 2010, 09:28
White pilots have been refused employment in the South African Police Service (SAPS) despite there being more than 40 vacancies and a critical shortage of pilots to carry out vital police flying, Democratic Alliance (DA) MP Debbie Schafer has charged. See
BusinessDay - Police ?grounded? as white pilots are passed over (http://www.businessday.co.za/articles/Content.aspx?id=109189)

Cave Troll
18th May 2010, 14:56
Well isn't that surprising from our very "democratic" government!

ct

GULF69
19th May 2010, 13:19
The guys flying ZS-SAP and ZS-MHN are white?

Bosotter
19th May 2010, 14:04
16 Years into demo-crazy and "we" still don't have a clue!!! :ugh:

CJ750
19th May 2010, 15:55
Gulf 69

Theyhave been there for a long time and some are about to retire

Mike X
19th May 2010, 16:26
Rather have a black chase me in a 'copter. Will have them crashed in no time.

I'm not racist, but after a lifetime of my support for equality, I am fed up.

TOFFAIR
19th May 2010, 16:56
Looks like they got an inverted apartheid, hope this mediocrity changes quickly before we get an expansion of Simbabwe into SA...

Capetonian
19th May 2010, 17:06
Looks like they got an inverted apartheid

If only it were that benign, well organised and structured, 52 million people would be a lot better off than they are today.

I hope all the posturing fools like Peter Hain are happy with the misery they have inflicted on so many people in the name of 'democracy'.

keitaidenwa
19th May 2010, 17:35
Well isn't that surprising from our very "democratic" government!No need to put quotes around the word. The very definition of Democracy is majority overruling the minority. That is why civilized countries have laws and rules to protect *minorities* - but that is not part of being democratic - it is part being civilized and respectful.

Mike X
19th May 2010, 22:48
The very definition of Democracy is majority overruling the minority. That is why civilized countries have laws and rules to protect *minorities* - but that is not part of being democratic - it is part being civilized and respectful.

Well said. Unfortunately, in SA none exists. Born & bred & AFRICA exists. it's all going down the drain.

Call me Che.

flyems
20th May 2010, 08:59
No need to put quotes around the word. The very definition of Democracy is majority overruling the minority. That is why civilized countries have laws and rules to protect *minorities* - but that is not part of being democratic - it is part being civilized and respectful.

Democracy is actually a little more than just that, it is a responsibility as much as a vote....

Democracy doesn't work when you have four foxes and a chicken sitting down to decide about what to have for lunch.....

Lamyna Flo
20th May 2010, 09:31
Born & bred & AFRICA exists. it's all going down the drain.

Hear hear.

Selfloader
20th May 2010, 10:18
I just wish that those who take these racist decisions one day deperately need a SAPS chopper for back-up and there isn't one availble.

lambert
20th May 2010, 11:34
Democracy Is The Tyranny Of The Masses!

dash431
24th May 2010, 09:12
In order to prevent the complete collapse and destruction of social services, all other countries that have implemented affirmative action in the past have attached so called "sunset clauses" to the policies i.e. You have X years years to get yourselves up to speed, and then its back to "most capable/qualified gets the job... I take they are still disadvantaged in SA then... ?!? :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Jungle Bird
24th May 2010, 16:07
This is very unfortunate and aslo stupid. But someone in the past had taught them this kind of behaviour. I remember some years ago, in the eighties, they could not even get inside an airplane (excepted to wash the toiltets) Some old scares are still aching. So let us be humble and patient and work together for a true reconciliation.

Spadhampton
24th May 2010, 22:16
It's going to take a few decades at least. So don't hold your breath.
Besides, It has been my sad experience that there are quite a few white South Africans, "not up to speed" either. Live it, you are part of it. We are all victims of our ancestors to a degree, as well as benefactors as it were.

Hectar
27th May 2010, 15:58
its not nice isnt it....we were the underdogs never looked at..now its our turn:=

ByAirMail
27th May 2010, 17:20
Hectar, you've had your turn for 16 years and look where you got us.
From todays newspaper on line:

Amnesty report slams SA: News24: South Africa: News (http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Amnesty-report-slams-SA-20100527)

now lets level the playing field and see if, by natural and merit selection, you can hold your own.

Cave Troll
27th May 2010, 18:36
Looks like Hectar has a major chip on his shoulder. Like ByAirMail says why don't you try get ahead on your merits...................that is of course if you have any. Playing the poor little "victim" is really starting to get old!

ct

sslut
27th May 2010, 19:22
Now then Hectar or is it actually Julius?:ugh:

Capetonian
27th May 2010, 20:21
It's the age old story ... let's play the race card because I can't compete on a level field.

We fired someone, who happened to be black, for theft. He accused us of being racist. We then showed him evidence that he had committed theft and was being fired for theft. His response to that was that he stole because he was trying to get back what our 'fathers' had 'stolen' from his 'fathers'.

Until they grow up and accept responsibility Africa will never progress. Sad but true.

DASHER 8
28th May 2010, 07:57
I wish the Police Airwing would be open to the idea of reservists.
One of my mates who flies for an airline does a few days a month for the cops, but he did work for them permanently some time back.
There are loads of highly experienced aviators amongst us that i believe would be only too happy to give a few days out of the month to go fly for the cops on a reservist basis and that way experience and standards would be maintained or transfered at no great cost to the state.
I would be only too happy to volunteer my time as a service to the greater community.
We really don't need attitudes like Hectar's in this country.

four engine jock
28th May 2010, 08:45
This is what it’s all about.
Wish there was more guys like you DASHER 8
This is a beautiful country and we must all give a little to keep it that way.

Selfloader
28th May 2010, 09:53
right you are Hectar, it is your turn. Enjoy it while you can. Soon there won't be much left to take advantage of.

Spadhampton
28th May 2010, 11:29
…and to think, that it was my country that played the major part in creating this mess. Least we could do is take more minority whites in. Should you decide to stay, you could qualify for African American affirmative action consideration. Small consolation I know, but well, I’m guiltily at a loss for words.

contrails8
28th May 2010, 14:16
at one point you have to understand the government stance. the SAPS Airwing is still a very unrepresentative organisation when it comes to south african demorgraphics. this is not some emotional troll but a fact. you don't even have to do any research. just walk in any unit countrywide. some of them don't even have any non-white pilots and if they do , they are still in very small percentage. the result being that as a minority there, life is not all rosy......

Cardinal Puff
29th May 2010, 06:01
But if pilots are needed and none are available in the colour and style required (read political persuasion that toes the party line) why not use what is available and willing to do the job? The fact that much needed pilots are not being employed purely on grounds of being the wrong colour sounds very much like the old mob's attitude to me. The ANC must be so proud of sticking to their guns and adhering to Verwoerdian Principles so closely.

Two wrongs have never and will never make a right.

contrails8
29th May 2010, 08:31
cardinall puff, a very good point you raised there and i concur with you that 2 wrongs can't make a right. but tell me my mate, where do you draw the line. do we continue with the status quo where aviation will always be white-dominated. is that what gives you satisfaction?

on the other hand i don't think it's reasonable for the airwing to be grounded because of pilots shortage. which brings me to a question. is there really a shortage in the SAPS airwing? I'll tell you what , there is a lot of inefficient personnel management though. i can pm you what i mean if you want. i was actually very very surprised to read that there is a shortage. i am mulling over e-mailing the minister and ask him in which areas there is a shortage. recently(this month) the was an advert of only 3 qualified pilots countrywide. does that reflect any shortage??? 3 pilot vacancies for the whole year???

Grizzly Bare
30th May 2010, 02:38
Doesn't meet the demographics eh? So what?
12% of the population are convicted criminals, so do we want 12% of SAP pilots convicted criminals?
1% of the population are blind, do we want 1% blind pilots?
7% of the population are alcoholics, do we want 7% alcoholic pilots?
etc
etc
etc

chuks
30th May 2010, 06:03
Aviation will always be dominated by whites? Says who? It looks much more as if you don't have a way, there in South Africa, to select and train suitable aviation candidates from your "previously disadvantaged" majority. Solve that one and you will solve the pilot shortage.

Could part of the problem be that the bright and capable ones have better ways to make a living than by poking holes in the sky? Perhaps terms and conditions for police flying need to be improved to make this sort of work more attractive.

In the meantime, though, to leave a modern police force without air support in the name of "diversity" is Political Correctness gone mad. I assume that someone in charge has taken on the challenge of hiring the handicapped as well as those of suitable race. Just because you are "differently abled" (what used to be called "handicapped") why shouldn't you, too, be a police pilot?

It is good to see that the ANC version of racial justice is being achieved even at the cost of grounding police aircraft. That must send a strong message to the rest of the world in the struggle against inequality if not crime.

Let us see how your World Cup visitors come away from that event, if they are as understanding of being robbed or shot as part of the price of achieving racial justice. Has anyone bothered to check with some of the gangsters to see where they stand on this?

Der absolute Hammer
30th May 2010, 06:40
In the terms of criminal enforcement and the crime solution statistical rates of each commmissioner of police's district, it is probably advantageous that the future pilots are not recruited from the black community. Given the perceived, rumoured or factual financial and bribe corruption amongst the mainly black police force it seems quite likely that any black dominated police air arm would be used as nothing more than a paid conduit by black escaping criminals for the provision of information as to the whereabouts of pursuit ground police forces, thereby enormously aiding evasion and increasing the statisitical chances of success of payroll vehicle hijacks..

Cardinal Puff
30th May 2010, 06:48
do we continue with the status quo where aviation will always be white-dominated. is that what gives you satisfaction?

Contrails

Where in the hell do you come up with that one? What gives me satisfaction is no concern of yours, but to enlighten you, what would give me a great deal of satisfaction would be to have a police force that can do the job efficiently and competently without the ANC's racial baggage clouding the issue and making it impossible to hire crews because of their race. Quite frankly I don't care who flies up front, as long as they can do the job properly and are not a drain on the fiscus. Excluding people because of their race is just the same old crap all over again. Of all people out there, you'd have thought the ANC would have learned a lesson and would never allow race to become an issue again.

Verwoerd's shade must be wetting himself laughing.

Abbey Road
30th May 2010, 11:21
I am willing to bet that the SA government has some 'people' in training, almost certainly in a foreign country somewhere, currently on the go. That foreign country will probably have done a trade deal with SA, for example, "We will train a few pilots for you, whilst in return you do us a deal on cheap diamonds/gold/food/whatever".

That 'training' will be mediocre at best, and it will be given to a cadre of politically connected people (those of the correct political persuasion). Let me be clear that these people will not have been chosen for their aptitude, merely their political connections. They will suddenly turn up back in SA, claiming all the qualifications under the sun, and begin 'operating' in those currently unoccupied posts in the police. Shortly thereafter you will see aviation hardware coming to grief in unnatural and bent poses all over the place, some of it pretty terminal. One only has to look just north of the border in SA to see the precedents for that.

Africa doesn't 'do' democracy. It isn't part of the accepted culture. Think back (and not that far, either ....) to the kings and chiefs of the various tribes and kingdoms. They were not elected, they were chosen by a few, or ordained by birth and/or 'connections'.

contrails8
30th May 2010, 12:16
CP, i was not asking the question to you directly. i voice my opinions in the forums not directed to a person but on the thread as a whole, so relax a bit. anyway you said what satisfy you is of no concern but you went ahead and explained what satisfies you anyway.

okay, can i just say one more thing here and i don't think i would have much more than this because we are in circles and scraping at the bottom.

the issue here is Affirmative Action. the policy written in the South African law and was negotiated before the end of apartheid along with others like the 'sunset clause'(for those not in the know, this basically said the previously advantaged can keep their spoils regardless of how ill-gotten they were and stop now, i didn't say all was ill-gotten). negotiators from both camps had to give and take, so maybe you could put some blame to those.

AA was agreed by both to give the disenfranchised the opportunity, not to prevent one group from participating. the problem came when some people were not interested in levelling the playfield and things are just carrying on as before. what then. how long can this be. and remember SAPS is a public organisation so it must be seen being in the forefront on addressing this.the thing is if they don't , private companies won't even look at it. they are not interested at all. if black pilots can't seek refuge at a public organisation, who's gonna hear their cries to put the foot in the door.

i know i made it a tad too long but it saves me from having to explain twice.

i'll tell you what satisfy me, even though maybe it's not a concern to some. the pilots in SA all in a united front , without any prejudicial myopia , working against forces that threatens aviation like too much red tape, safety, escalating costs etc. i have experienced in other countries how different races can work harmoniously in this industry, why not in SA?

Uncle Wiggily
30th May 2010, 12:23
Is whining and complaining the national S. African hobby? Give it a rest, please. "Henrikk Van Dewhatever didn't get the job because he's a whitey", " Tom didn't get the job because he's black"....blah, blah, blah. Talk about something else for crying out loud.

contrails8
30th May 2010, 12:31
Uncle , i like your style

Cardinal Puff
30th May 2010, 12:51
Contrails, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. If you want to debate the subject, do some research before stating inaccuracies as fact.

cardinall puff, a very good point you raised there and i concur with you that 2 wrongs can't make a right. but tell me my mate, where do you draw the line. do we continue with the status quo where aviation will always be white-dominated. is that what gives you satisfaction?

Wrong! That was addressed directly to me. As I said, it's no concern of yours but I then went on to explain what would satisfy me and a lot of other South Africans. That was done purely as a courtesy to you but you're obviously too pig ignorant to see that.

UW

Small minded comments like yours regarding what is a very hot issue in a country that is in imminent danger of collapse and taking the Zimbabwe option, say more about you than those you attempt to denigrate.

contrails8
30th May 2010, 12:57
cardinal puff i think you are veering from the topic and becoming personal. focus on the issue here. anyway, who died and gave you permission to judge me

Cardinal Puff
30th May 2010, 13:02
If your statements are quite obviously incorrect no judging is necessary. Your twaddle speaks for itself.

contrails8
30th May 2010, 13:04
Eisch talk about 'tendencies':ugh::ugh::ugh: ...............:ugh:

Cave Troll
30th May 2010, 13:41
Contrails8, Uncle Wiggily you two particularly seem very ignorant with regards to how things work in Africa and especially in South Africa. Before you guys pass you ridiculous comments {too many to list here} don't you think you should try living and working here long term first. Affirmative Action or Reverse racism, what ever you want to call it, is a reality in SA. Whether it is justified or not in this case remains to be seen but the fact is it is bloody stupid to leave a police force short handed just because of some idiotic policy. Especially a police force that is already so out gunned and out witted. So instead of giving CP a hard time get off your tomato boxes and try come up with sensible comments. Something that actually makes sense.

ct

Der absolute Hammer
30th May 2010, 15:32
Yup - ya gotta remember that the original concept of discrimination under the old regime was based on biblical concepts. The present rascist bigotry used to decry the beloved country by those in power there has no justifiable foundation other than the politics of the slimeous cringing Iago of Shakespeare's creation which stand in stark contrast to the noble Moor who most unfortunatly is no....well, probably was never there to begin with.

Capetonian
30th May 2010, 15:51
Perhaps those who really have no understanding of Southern Africa's unique situation should keep out of the discussion, as should those whose comments are motivated by the 'schadenfreude' which seems to afflict many people who have left the country.

Der absolute Hammer
30th May 2010, 16:12
Aktually speaking, about last year I was once again doing a spot of the old flying at Midrand and we happened to taxi near to Eskom. They guy I was training tells me that Eskom has a shortage of pilots since quite a while but that they will only take black women candidates. As a consequence of this policy, Eskom, I was being told, had a shortage of pilots.
I do not know if this is true but if it is then it is an indication of the legend of the nose to spite the face and is, very bloody stupid too! Course, the Zulus used to go around sticking spears in to a lot of their own warriors on the fairly regular basis when they thought there was a witch about or a suitable mother such as Nandi needed the spiritual commemoration. This did not do their fighting moral or their numbers much good.

Uncle Wiggily
31st May 2010, 06:49
Contrails,Captain Puff and Cave Troll:

I used to live in your "lekker" country. I still hold my view that complaining about who is right, who is entitled to a job, who got the short end of the stick for the last 100 years, who feels that they are getting the short end of the stick now, etc, etc. consumes an unhealthy portion of your day to day conversations. This goes for both black and white.

Anyhow, if you wish to forever dwell on this subject, I'm sure you can locate many like-minded souls at the next Steve Hofmeyer concert, or Peter Mokaba rally (depending on your affiliation).

Cheers.

Capetonian
31st May 2010, 06:57
I still hold my view that complaining about who is right, who is entitled to a job, who got the short end of the stick for the last 100 years, who feels that they are getting the short end of the stick now, etc, etc. consumes an unhealthy portion of your day to day conversations.

It happens everywhere, the extent and the topic may differ, but what goes in SA is no different to anywhere else. What do people in the UK (for example) complain about .... immigration, weather, taxes, government, yob culture, overcrowding, petty rules, low salaries, long hours, traffic jams, the railways, airport security. Not much to complain about there is there?

unstable load
31st May 2010, 08:06
I still hold my view that complaining about who is right, who is entitled to a job, who got the short end of the stick for the last 100 years, who feels that they are getting the short end of the stick now, etc, etc. consumes an unhealthy portion of your day to day conversations.

Probably because it consumes an unhealthy part of the lives of ALL South Africans.

Can anyone put forward an example of any good done by BEE that could not have been done by free enterprise?

Whenwe
31st May 2010, 10:24
Would love to see the 2010 African edition of the definition of Free Enterprise!

Something like free enterprise = bee.

HappyPilot
31st May 2010, 12:25
When you beat up, raped, killed black people en masse under your so stupid apartheid system, I cant remember any of you complaining. Now the table has turned, it doesn't quite suit you anymore, you then winge and throw your toys out of your prams like babies. The majority of South Africans are black, if you dont like them tough luck, go to the sandpit and try your racism there. I hear emirates are recruiting.

Shrike200
31st May 2010, 12:50
I think you can safely exclude rape from the previous epic fail post. ;)

Capetonian
31st May 2010, 13:00
HappyPilot

You don't sound like a very happy person, but let's set that aside and I'lll try to address the comment, rather than the person although it's barely worth responding to your rant because you are clearly so blinded by your prejudices that you won't even see the lack of logic and coherence in what you've written.

Many white people were opposed to apartheid and risked, or lost, their lives to fight it. Rather sad and ironic really, when you consider how much worse off the blacks are now that whites are not 'raping, beating up, and killing them'. They're making a far better job of doing it themselves, and have destroyed much of what the whites put in place for them.

Whatever you may think of 'stupid' apartheid, the majority of blacks were better off under it than they are now, and a lot would welcome a white government back with open arms.

Der absolute Hammer
31st May 2010, 13:11
(The majority of South Africans are black,)
That is possibly so but it is possibly also true to say that a large part of the majority of blacks in South Africa are not South Africans. And that fact alone is a big problem for the ruling party and all its leaders. The original statement though, could better be used with justification as an explanation for the deteriorating national infrastructure and the startling deficiencies in wealth distribution across the newly enfranchised black population rather than as an excuse for quid pro quo rascist policies adopted by the present administration and its rebellious servants.

Retrospecting back to March 17th 1992, what would have been an approriate retroaction?

HappyPilot
31st May 2010, 13:21
Whatever you may think of 'stupid' apartheid, the majority of blacks were better off under it than they are now, and a lot would welcome a white government back with open arms. With that sort of thinking its no wonder you're constantly banging your head against a brick wall when you try to put arguements forward in your very own country because guess what? Its a foolish racist minority view that suits you, with you at the top of the pyramid.

Many white people were opposed to apartheid and risked, or lost, their lives to fight it. Many is not majority of whites is it mate. More like a few notable ones.

You don't sound like a very happy personActually I am very happy. I'm married to a lovely south African lady, I've just recieved the right to work in SA and having been told by an insider at SAA to apply, I'm gonna be giving it a go. I'm sure they saw your application and rightly ignored it. Better to have another African in there than a racist pig who'll push every black pilot down.

Capot
31st May 2010, 13:42
the majority of blacks were better off under it than they are now, and a lot would welcome a white government back with open arms.Kindly be more original; that's what every retired British Colonialist says about Britain's ex colonies after the demise of the British Empire.

I have never, in a lifetime of travel and work in many places that were once well-run colonies heard any inhabitant actually say that they would like to go back to colonialist rule, no matter how dreadful their present Government might be. It's their Government, is the point.

I have never heard or read any black South African say "Bring back a white Government". All I hear is white South Africans telling me that black South Africans are saying that. How come white politicians don't get voted into power, I wonder, if the black population thinks that?

Apart from when they are tortured and abused, prisoners are frequently much better fed and housed than in the community in which they usually live. But you do not hear many saying that they would like to stay there, or return voluntarily.

Capetonian
31st May 2010, 13:43
HappyPilot

So many of your assumptions are wrong, and please don't call me 'mate' it's a horrible expression and I am not, nor ever will be, your 'mate' in any sense of the term.

You see my views as racist, because they differ from yours, so just haul out the race card, it's always convenient as a cop out.

I'm sure they saw your application and rightly ignored it.
I have worked on and off as a contractor for SAA for many years, they've offered me permanent employment which I've declined, partly because it's not an environment in which I'm happy to work given the corruption, overt racism and nepotism which goes on, not to mention inefficient practices. That said, I've had some great times there with colleagues of all colours, but there is no way I would apply for employment.

Better to have another African in there than a racist pig who'll push every black pilot down.
You might think so ..... it will be interesting to see when you get there how you feel being a victim of racism and nepotism. If you can only argue by resorting to insults of the 'racist pig' variety then I fear you are beneath contempt.

Have fun.

HappyPilot
31st May 2010, 14:10
Kindly be more original; that's what every retired British Colonialist says about Britain's ex colonies after the demise of the British Empire.
Couldnt have put it any better myself.

Capetonian
31st May 2010, 14:19
I have never ........ heard any inhabitant actually say that they would like to go back to colonialist rule, no matter how dreadful their present Government might be. It's their Government, is the point.

I have never heard or read any black South African say "Bring back a white Government". All I hear is white South Africans telling me that black South Africans are saying that. How come white politicians don't get voted into power, I wonder, if the black population thinks that?

Then I would hazard a guess that you're moving in the wrong circles, or you just choose not to hear it, because I hear it frequently, particularly in ZA and Zim, to a lesser extent in Zambia and Mozambique, although the whites are going back there slowly.

White politicians won't get voted into power in a one party state, unless they are standing for the ruling party - and some have done so.

Der absolute Hammer
31st May 2010, 15:07
Yes, the good old British colonial days are certainly over. The days of the Seychelles Club in Victoria and a few other Flashmanesque places. It does not matter whether the locals would like a rerun of colonial rule. Most of the local population have died anyway since independence, whever it was but mostly before the late 60s. Britain left its children with the Elizabethan invented, Victorian developed, concept of Commonwealth. This mostly benefited Britain -but that's a well kept secret. Its existence certainly helped to win a couple of minor wars with an intellectually superior nation.
It is a truism to say that if you want to see how a colony should have been run, you only need to look to German East Africa and German West Africa to see the legacy of mutual love and coperation between master and servant races.
By their turn, the Portugese were far too cruel and the French too totally incompetent as overseas developers. Brave were the Frogs, as can be seen from any Beau Geste story of daring do in the Sahara desert or Luck of the Legion. The Spanish who were indescribably unpleasant and barbarous in their sadistic little pleasures and of course one must not forget the Italians, vain gloriously useless and not even brave which is why Mussolini had to remind them that they'd all had their balls cut off after the battle of Adowa.
Africa is still, well, Africa - the most beautiful continent in the planet. If you want like a trip down memory lane, Cape Coast Castle is still there in Ghana. From the battlements and gun emplacements and the sad little door to the beach- you can reflect on the legacies of all of those who left from here, willingly or not, inflicted upon the countries that they came to. That was colonialism also although it lacked the central nervous system that characterised the enterprises of major nations. So perhaps you should not be asking the African inhabitant whether he wants to be ruled by the white man again but instead ask the black colonial ex patriate now in Europe or the USA whether he would like to go back to Africa to live. It is perhaps possible that this is why there is a shortage of suitable pilots for the SA police forces?

B Sousa
2nd Jun 2010, 23:28
its not nice isnt it....we were the underdogs never looked at..now its our turn:=

Hope.............There is hope.
I HOPE Hectar gets a job with SAP, and I HOPE Hectar is trained in one of those Robbies by one of his brothers. Its your turn................ to become a lawn dart.
If your Qualified, I HOPE you make it, if your not qualified, you will make it anyway.....Its your turn.

Selfloader
3rd Jun 2010, 13:30
"I've just recieved the right to work in SA and having been told by an insider at SAA to apply, I'm gonna be giving it a go." - Happy Pilot. That's great. Now all you have to do is pass (rather well) some very First World exams and flight tests and you should be well on your way.

Der absolute Hammer
3rd Jun 2010, 13:44
(Better to have another African in there than a racist pig who'll push every black pilot down.)

Might be better to shed the attitude that if you're not a black African you're a rascist pig.

HappyPilot
3rd Jun 2010, 15:28
Now all you have to do is pass (rather well) some very First World exams and flight tests and you should be well on your way Oh dont you worry about those, its not exactly rocket science is it mate? And by the way, I wouldnt run around calling any part of SA a first world country or any of its exams. Its a lovely country but lets not get too carried away now. Cheers Mate!!!

Capetonian
3rd Jun 2010, 15:34
I think 'our mate' Happy Pilot has lots to learn - I fear he may be in for some rude shocks if he ever gets to be employed in SA!

HappyPilot
3rd Jun 2010, 15:37
my Good mate Capetonian,

thank you for the advice, I'll bear that usefull piece of advice in mind when doing these mighty exams.

Cheers Mate

Capetonian
3rd Jun 2010, 15:47
Do let us know how you get on. Asseblief.

AlpineSkier
3rd Jun 2010, 16:44
Very interesting reading this.

happy Pilot, if you choose to tell us, how old are you ?

Selfloader
3rd Jun 2010, 16:53
SKIER, I'll wager a quid to R1 000, Happy is a PPL who has just achieved an instrument rating which has generated illusions of grandeur, not to mention extreme confidence.

Capetonian
3rd Jun 2010, 17:01
I'll wager a quid to R1 000, Happy is a PPL who has just achieved an instrument rating

I fear you'd lose. I think he's just qualifed on MS Flight SIM.

http://magicofflight.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Flight_Simulator_X_Private_Pilot_License_Display_Copy_.jpg

(I know this is below the belt but I couldn't resist!)

HappyPilot
3rd Jun 2010, 17:28
Ooh, I see I've touched a nerve with this SAA issue here. Sorry if there's a chance of taking the space reserved for a white boy on your lovely SAA flightdeck, but I'm still gonna go ahead with it. For those who are worried about my qualifications, dont be. You only need to look at my very early posts to work out that I hold more than an PPL. PPL - No, ATPL - Yes, ex military - maybe. Although, I do like your flight sim certificate though. If the SAA issue hurts so much, dont worry I'll chuck in a CV with the police air wing aswell.

4HolerPoler
3rd Jun 2010, 17:46
Thread shut down due to ego over-load.

Start another one if you're not done.

4HP