View Full Version : B737NG Expats--9W vs Spicejet

NGFellow
18th May 2010, 09:00
Spicejet is no longer going to put you in a hotel after 30 days of employment at your base. You get your allowance and that's it.This applies to all newcomers and those renewing their contract.:=

avalanche007
18th May 2010, 11:15
and wat abt 9w
why is it stated in the topic of the forum

NGFellow
18th May 2010, 11:24
9W vs Spicejet is a comparison. 9W offers what SG does not. HOTELS for expats or the option to get your own place. It does not affect you as you are not an expat.

avalanche007
18th May 2010, 13:21
ohk
well yes i m not an expat
but i guess same treatment is even met to indian fo
but not sure with it

NGFellow
19th May 2010, 15:14
Spicejet HR sucks now. The CEO SA is known for treating pilots this way. One pilot returned from leave with a wrong type of visa (not his fault). The company made him pay for his own hotel and he had to buy his own ticket to go back home to straighten it out. Pathetic. Some sim check pilots have also been very abrasive in the sim. It was a much better place when JD & JE were here. Glad I left:ok:

av8r76
19th May 2010, 17:39
70? Try 45k. Morale is at an all time low and getting worse. As the next couple of years roll by and pilots' bonds expire, expect a mass exodus of people from this cesspool.

SA has a dubious track record of shafting pilots and his current assignment maintains that trend.

tmbpilot
19th May 2010, 19:40
well it makes me think doesnt the bond become invalid if the company doesnt give the promised compensation...one of my frnd gt out of a bond when his company lowered the salary and they couldnt do sh:mad:t about it

NGFellow
20th May 2010, 01:09
My friends at SG tell me that Management and HR are to blame for the poor morale at the company. The bean counter CEO Agerwal is all about cutting costs at the expense of everyone else. Ask anyone in the U.S. from flightoptions where he worked. They don't even have a EVP. The HR dept is incompetent and clueless. Even Indian pilots are planning to leave once their bond expires and/or they get their command with the required hours to get on somewhere else. Indigo will take most of them as will Jet Airways here in India.:ok: Pilot's should all protest the 6 month notice rule/ by standing outside DGCA and contacting the media. FO were promised pay increase and then not given. F/O's also have power now since they are short F/O's. Only about 40 expats at SG now I think and probably 10-15 will be leaving soon. Good luck with expansion and International flying Spicejet:D

rubik101
20th May 2010, 12:04
No wonder they called me yesterday! Offered a LH seat job starting asap. btw, an allowance of $1200 a month for accomodation was offered.

NGFellow
20th May 2010, 15:41
Go to JetAirways. They are offering hotel accomdations or an allowance of $2000/month

Rotorhead1026
21st May 2010, 00:50
Spicejet HR sucks now. The CEO SA is known for treating pilots this way. Some sim check pilots have also been very abrasive in the sim. It was a much better place when JD & JE were here

I do have to agree with this. I'm not sure Aggarwal is the entire problem. There was a power vacuum when JE left and the wrong people moved into it. I didn't return long enough to get a good handle on where the issues were originating, but it seemed non-pilots were mostly to blame. However, I can personally attest to the "abrasive check airman" comment, so some of this could be originating from senior pilots - both flying and retired / working in the office. The contract management was moved to HR, who function as a nonresponsive buffer to pilot complaints. I returned after a long convalesence; after two weeks of this I resigned. It's sad. There are still some really nice people there. It was once a great place to work. :(

NGFellow
21st May 2010, 01:24
Bottom Line-- JetAirways is a better option than Spicejet. Why?

1. Paid Time off-- Spicejet-NO
2. Stable Roster-- Spicejet-NO
3. Travel benefits-- Spicejet--Only on Spice
4. Hotels at base-- Spicejet--Only for 30 days.

9W (Jetairways) is hiring!!!:ok: Probably will need 60-80 NG Capts.

av8r76
21st May 2010, 10:48
The only upside to SG is the time off flexibility which 9W does not afford expats. Apart from that there really isn't much in the way of a Spice contract.

Also, whatever is happening to the pilots is being done with the tacit approval of the CEO and he is not exactly interested in putting a stop these shenanigans.

1200 a month is pittance if you have stay in BOM/DEL. Last I checked expats still have the hotel option available.

tmbpilot
21st May 2010, 11:09
JET's website is asking for application from type rated pilots on 737NG for first officer position...im nt rated still no harm in sending application...

NGFellow
30th May 2010, 19:31
Heard that Spicejet just terminated an expat Capt who had to fly an aircraft without an APU. The Captain had to deal with a full flight of unruly and angry passengers. He took in all the complaint forms and handed them in to the main office. He was TERMINATED.

LESSON: AVOID SPICEJET, UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION:=

Boeing7xx
31st May 2010, 06:10
heard from one of our AME's that 3 or 4 of the aircrafts don't have APUs. Don't know if its true, despatch gossip....

NGFellow
31st May 2010, 12:46
I would imagine that the ramp temperatures exceed 40 degrees C in most parts of India this time of the year. The cabin will be around that as well. Now load 180 + passengers and see what happens. Now if they are already pissed off because they have a delayed flight, I would hate to be the lead flight attendant or the Captain, or anyone in uniform who represents the airline.

av8r76
1st Jun 2010, 09:34
Flights delayed by 2-3hrs+ are becoming a regular occurrence now with aircraft getting grounded.
The maintenance staff are frustrated by the lack of spares and management support to get these birds airborne.
Coupled with the fact that they are grossly underpaid and overworked and you have a maintenance corps that just doesn't care anymore and it is quite evident by their passive behaviour.

Good job with the cost cutting guys.

macpex
20th Sep 2010, 05:05
I am considering applying for a 737NG captain's job in India.Do you know which hotel spicejet expats stay? I know that accommodation quality is a major factor. I have done the appropriate search with some older information ( Hydrebad stay at the Taj or the Marriott, kolkata-Oberio) but I would appreciate up to date comments.Thanks

freightpuppy
25th Sep 2010, 06:42
Hotels:
Delhi- park Premier in Gurgaon
Mumbai- The Grand Hyatt
Chennai- The Fortune (likely to change)
Kolkata- The Park Hotel
Hyderabad - The Fortune
Bangalore - The Clarks Exotica
Pune- Best Western's Pride Hotel
Ahmedavad - The Pride Hotel.
Guwahati- "The Dump" (dont know the name)

macpex
28th Sep 2010, 02:53
freightpuppy, Thank you for the information.
I really appreciate it.

I looked up online and saw The Grand Hyatt looked really nice.
would you mind if I asked one more question?
What about time off flexibility? What kind of options are available?

Thanks

freightpuppy
29th Sep 2010, 16:42
check your PM

macpex
30th Sep 2010, 06:05
freightpuppy,
Thank you very much!!