PDA

View Full Version : can UK CAA block someone from applying to their license ?

Mr KroOoB
18th May 2010, 06:59
I wonder,
Can UK CAA block someone from applying for their license forever ?
And what's are the circumstances ?

no-hoper
18th May 2010, 16:58
This might be a reason:
Appendix V
Application Form and Example of Licence Format
EASA FORM 19 is amended by adding paragraph 4 in the last part, as follows:

I wish to apply for initial / amendment / renewal of Part-66 AML, as indicated and
confirm that the information contained in this form was correct at the time of application.
I herewith confirm that:
1. I am not holding any Part-66 AML issued in another Member State,
2. I have not applied for any Part-66 AML in another Member State and
3. I have never had a Part-66 AML issued in another Member State which was
revoked or suspended in any other Member State

Rigga
18th May 2010, 19:05
I believe (though I cant find it anywhere now) that the NAA of any country can refuse to issue a licence to those whom it considers unworthy of the qualification. It is their licence to govern and it is their Licence to invalidate at their will.

Such persons may be, but may not be limited to, previous licence holders who have had their licences withdrawn for technical misdemeanors or for disclosed criminal acts.

There may be other reasons too...

happybiker
18th May 2010, 20:00
An interesting question!

Under the ANO the CAA must grant a BCAR licence when satisfied that
a) the applicant is a fit person to hold the licence &
b) qualified by having the knowledge, experience, competence and skill etc

Whereas under Part 66 there is no fitness test as such. The Competent Authority shall issue the licence when satisfied that the applicant meets the standards of knowledge and experience etc.

Under Part 66 there is a list of items that could result in the licence being revoked, suspended or limited. the Competent Authority is required to determine the seriousness of the violation and take appropriate action. Under the ANO the CAA could take a view that these items mean you are no longer fit to hold a BCAR licence and take action accordingly.

Any sanctions applied by the CAA can be subject of an appeal.

Could a licence be revoked for ever? Probably not but there may be a significant time before a further application can be made.

born1987
19th May 2010, 08:04
Hi all i am holding dgca licence and want to have easa licence also and i heard that if i apply throw spain i can easily pass my all module because like faa question paper come from question bank?

vs69
19th May 2010, 11:45
Or you could just put the hours in, study and get acquainted with the subject matter. Just a thought.

Fargoo
19th May 2010, 18:48
A Spanish issued EASA licence is worth the square root of f - all anyway go ahead fill your boots.

Dodo56
20th May 2010, 11:33
i heard that if i apply throw spain i can easily pass my all module because like faa question paper come from question bank?

The CAA exams use multi choice questions. Some may come from a bank, some will not. Spain, as an EASA member, should be the same. I doubt you would be able to learn all the answers by heart. As VS69 suggests a safer approach might be to know the subject matter. Real life problems don't come from a bank.

boeing_eng
20th May 2010, 15:05
Also, you might like to consider how your Spanish B1/B2 will be regarded by certain employers/agencies (not all EASA licenses are equal in the real world!););)

Bus429
20th May 2010, 18:47
Or you could just put the hours in, study and get acquainted with the subject matter. Just a thought.

:ok: Spot on :D

3/8
23rd May 2010, 07:49
Hi all i am holding dgca licence and want to have easa licence also and i heard that if i apply throw spain i can easily pass my all module because like faa question paper come from question bank?
born 1987

First try improving your spelling.

Second.once you have obtained your so much desired easily obtainable license, please inform us which aircraft you have certified.So if i so much as have to fly on one of these machines, i can make suitable alternate arrangements.

Third. or alternatively, study the subjects like the rest of us and understand the implications of holding the part 66.:mad: