PDA

View Full Version : No more jumpseats on EY (for EY pilots)

menegoc
18th May 2010, 04:49
On the new OMA it looks like they erase the off duty pilots on the list of the personel admited into the flight deck:{:{
No more jump seat for us!!Unless is in the cabin.:D:D

ManaAdaSystem
18th May 2010, 07:02
I thought that was the general rule in the ME? No cockpit jump seat unless you are on duty?

Have you tried to get a jump seat in UK lately?

menegoc
18th May 2010, 07:27
Till 30th of April,the Etihad cockpit crew were allowed into the flight deck even if they were not on duty,never tried to get a jump seat in uk,I recently got one in the flight deck from the LH guys:ok:

menegoc
18th May 2010, 07:55
Chapter 8.3 page 44 rev 11 date 01 may 2010.
For those who wants to look at....:=:=

samjetblaster
18th May 2010, 07:58
Standard operating procedures from Richard Hill who comes from nowhere and his friend James Hogan. When he was with Gulf Air he destroyed all the privileges for flight deck. Luckily now that they're gone, Gulf Air got them back. I find it very strange that when you are on duty you are perfectly legal to fly as crew and off duty you become illegal. Pilots should stand up and refuse to cooperate with their stupid laws.

puff m'call
18th May 2010, 09:39
Try EK it's just as childish.

Fiat Lux
18th May 2010, 10:37
This rule applied before to the US, Canada, and the UK didn't it? It was only a matter of time before it became company policy and probably will for many others around the world regardless of union attempts to stop it.

astronaute
18th May 2010, 19:02
If a pilot is not allowed on the JS, then, no CEO,COO,SVP,EVP ,VP and managers are not entitled too !

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Chandler Bing
19th May 2010, 09:58
Bend down, hold your knees..............
Crap will never end in EY, just starting......

Wish I had another job....

iflysky
19th May 2010, 10:05
Ok girls calm down. New revision comming out to correct/clarify the language. Back to the old, no changes on jumpseat policy.

Nightfire
19th May 2010, 12:51
Wasn't this issue adressed at the roadshow anyway?

KRUGERFLAP
19th May 2010, 13:11
"This used to be a funhouse
But now it's full of evil clowns
It's time to start the countdown
[They] gonna burn it down down down
[They] gonna burn it down"

EFC 3 DAYS
19th May 2010, 13:16
Why would you need a seat on the flightdeck. You will find more empty seats on an Ethiad flight than you would at a WHAM concert!!

sec 3
19th May 2010, 13:28
Don't get out too much eh 3days? You obviously don't know much about pax loads at ey.

EFC 3 DAYS
19th May 2010, 18:00
sec 3 what with you making more than 400 posts here it seems like you are the one that doesnt get out much.
Re the seats on Empty AD, if you give away enough discount tickets you will surely eventually get people to fly on you. Won't you? Right?

NG_Kaptain
19th May 2010, 18:12
Re the seats on Empty AD, if you give away enough discount tickets you will surely eventually get people to fly on you. Won't you? Right?

Which is why we need jumpseats, the flights are nearly always full and staff have a hard time getting on. I give away jumpseats on a very high percentage of my flights to help staff come and go to their home countries. Many times the cabin seats are full so at least I can help a fellow pilot and let him occupy the cockpit jumpseat.

Nightfire
19th May 2010, 21:08
Heard a rumour that iflysky is right.
Let's just wait a bit, to see if this decision is being revoked. Before we get heated up over nothing.

BITE System
20th May 2010, 03:49
Seems strange that the "technical writer" would make a change in the OMA without an instruction from somebody.........maybe we were not expected to notice it!