PDA

View Full Version : Empire Aviation Group (Dubai)

BlueSky777
17th May 2010, 09:54
Hello @ all (Hello@all),

just wondering if anybody out there could tell me a little bit more about this company. How is their situation and is it worth throwing them a CV? How is payment, roster and treatment regarding people? Thanks for all answeres.

Appreciate

BlueSky777
18th May 2010, 08:00
Hello,

any comments? Need some advice!

Thanks all much!

Gulfstreamaviator
18th May 2010, 09:35
I was delaying responding, as I am certain that others have more details to provide, than I have.

In generaral, they are no better oir no worse than all other UAE corporate operations. They are difficult to communicate with, they have a very strong background, and are reasonably responsable.

I have never worked for them, but understand they have just disposed of the G450, and are getting a G550 to replace it.

Thats all I know, so good hunting....

glf

Sonic Bam
19th May 2010, 08:32
Doesn't say anything about B777 on here Empire Aviation Group - The region's largest managed fleet of private jets (http://www.empire.aero/index.php)
Yep, "come here and u get BS"

Any company can have a really glitzy website but how do you know if it is accurate info or not? You go and ask some people who might know. Like on this forum.

wadefac, "You are the weakest link. Goodbye". Arse.

BlueSky777
19th May 2010, 11:46
I already did my homework and definitely not looking for a B777 job and indeed aware that Empire has got no Boeings. Anway, I would like to know more about this company and thatīs why I am asking ppl in this forum. maybe there is somebody working for them who could give more infos. Thanks all for serious answeres!

Cheers

onhmss
7th Dec 2010, 06:40
hi all can anyone please let me have some details of salaries, benefits, housing standards at Empire please ?
tks

John Miller
8th Dec 2010, 19:18
I have dealt with Empire, am not connected in any way and can say that I found them to be the most pleasant company I've done business with in the ME. Not one problem with payment and a genuinely nice bunch of people. :ok:

BizJetJockey
3rd Jan 2011, 09:53
Very professional friendly people. Strong background throughout and a good fleet of aircraft. Main stay of fleet is the Hawker...six-seven in total and they are busy. Legacy and Challengers plus a few others too. Managed aircraft only. :ok:

BizJetJockey
10th Jan 2011, 16:40
Well I guess it depends which aircraft you refer to but I can assure you...Hawkers are busy and that is the mainstay of their fleet.

Rangerick1
14th Aug 2011, 15:32
Large turnover of pilots, office people and planes. Worked for them NO HR what so ever.. they dont take care of their people at all. Pilots are tools for them to use and If an owner pulls a plane their goes your job.

Training is the min they can get away with. Maintenance is pretty poor and they are very slow to react to a problem. They stared off okay but as they grew so did their desire to milk money anyway they can without getting caught. Very political, you get ahead by going in the office and sucking up not by talent. to quote managment" I can get a pilot from South Africa to fly here for free just for the type rating" that should say it all.

All the classic mistakes of a new company with large illusions of there greatness and better than everyone . The time I was there 90% turn over of employees including DO, DM and dispatchers. There is some potential but they need to change a lot first...like learnig to take care of their good pilots and understand pilots are no longer a dime a dozenen. The 2 executives are Indian and South African, if you are use to professional western run companies this is not the company for you.

With that being said if they fixed the above I would consider going back there are some great guys working there.

desertwest
1st Sep 2011, 23:40
I also worked there and can say that a lot of Rangerrick's observations are true. But... they never missed a paycheck and, though slow, HR was adequate. Pilots are tools for them. Do not expect to be rewarded for making good decisions when those decisions may cost money or lose revenue.

Operations is slow, but generally gets things done. If you are used to FAA 121/135 dispatchers, these guys aren't them. They did stupid stuff with fuel/alternate planning all the time. Operations is very reactive, not proactive.

With QOL, a lot depends on which airplane you are on and if you are flying for an owner or for Empire itself. Make sure you understand which you will be doing and what kind of schedule to expect.

Overall, you can certainly do a lot worse in the ME.

KangarooFlyer
2nd Sep 2011, 16:28
Wow, rangerick1 joined in July 2009 and is still a probationary PPRuNer with his second comment. That sure is self-discipline, unless he hasn't been reading since he joined; hard to not want to respond to some posts.

jetsand
6th Sep 2011, 05:29
wow Rangerrick1, I understand that you were a Cessna 208 driver and when you did not make the Hawker pool you decided it was time to move on. If you don't make it don't throw stones man. I left Empire 18 months ago and must say that it was a great company and the only private company to work for in the ME

eurocontrol
10th Sep 2011, 12:21
anyone currently working at Empire willing to answer some questions privately ? PM or by phone or over a beer in Dubai ?

Rangerick1
28th Dec 2011, 02:11
I only respond and state facts that i have seen. you are of course wrong on many thing. I left because as I had stated there woud be an accident or incident and I have a clean and perfect record. Guess what...it did happen and the GCAA contacted me for my thoughts ...Gee I love being right and several pilots lost their jobs since I left because owners pulled their planes...oop I was right again... Like I said they need to fix a few things and they will be a fine company...I wish them well and and everyone comes back safe I made many great friends, they were fair to me when I left, several of my friends felt they were screwed on seperation pay. Go get a pair of ball and attack the facts not the person, many people know me because of this name and I post proudly and stand behind my statements btw I am sure I hold more hours, rating, types and lic than you....

Rangerick1
28th Dec 2011, 06:29
Hey Kanagaroo boy:
The 2 posts answer a question truthfully and to the point, if you need to vent talk to your girlfriend if you have one... because I have a life...and like many people who think highly of themselves I dont need to hear myself speak.. Just trying to help my fellow pilots and share my experience when asked...Have you helped anyone ever??? btw i am only here once in a while..I am on Airline Pilot Central with the big boys since returning to the USA more relevent to 121 flying

:ugh:

ccjetpilot
30th Apr 2012, 21:37
Does anyone know if they are hiring?

H2OBOMR
21st May 2012, 04:18
Not sure, but send Shawn an email with your your CV and ask.
But unless you are already working there, they require time on type.

hwkr800
15th Aug 2012, 05:36
So how much can a pilot of a Hawker expect to make working for these guys.