View Full Version : Does being overweight affect Class 1

Barnstorm
14th Aug 2000, 02:03
Does being overweight mean an automatic class 1 fail, assuming that BP isn't off the charts?
I am 6 foot and about 18 stone. Not particularly fat, but just stocky.
Does anyone have similar experiences?

VFE
14th Aug 2000, 03:13
My opinion is just ring them and voice your concerns.
Don't give a name or anything just ask them.

As long as your BP is OK and you have no heart probs then I cannot see it being too much trouble.

I am not an expert-don't get me wrong.
Just my thoughts on the whole issue.
Get the facts from THEM.

Take care now and good luck!

Cheers VFE.

Ceppo
15th Aug 2000, 00:47
When I had my class 1 last time, I asked on behalf of a friend. He's 6 foot 6 and weighs about 19 - 20 stone. The doc said he's probably be ok. He's also terribly scarred from operations as a child. The doc said that would probably be ok too.

They're not looking for the perfect human in a class 1 as I found out. Just a normal one.

Barney
16th Aug 2000, 13:05
Hi,

I'm sure that you would be OK. As long as your BP is within the range, they should be happy.

When I asked the Doc what tests they did on the blood sample, he said that they also check your cholesterol levels. This is to determine whether you are likely to have a cardiac event. Assuming these are OK, I'm sure you will be fine.

The only problem you may have is that you may find it a bit cramped in the RHS of a 737-200.........talk about cramped!

Regards

Barney

VFE - glad to hear that you got your Class 1 without any probs.

Oldlearner
16th Aug 2000, 16:23
Yes lot of problems. I am 183cm (6 ft) and 110 kg They want me to be 90 kg. Old records had me at age 16 70 kg. had recent Class 1 rejected. Got it back when I BITCHED like HELL.Sent the a**e hole assessing quack an outline tracing of my hands and feet as well as wrist and knee measurements. Told them next time I would send them photos of myself and 6 mates naked ( masked ) and if they could not pick me they should resign. Everything else is very good

------------------

VFE
16th Aug 2000, 17:06
Cheers Barney,
Yeah, just waiting now for the certificate to come through now....waiting and waiting....and waiting....and waiting....!!

Take care, VFE.

Barnstorm
16th Aug 2000, 17:36
Thanks for the feedback guys, I suppose the best thing I can do now is just get off my **** and start exercising

VFE
16th Aug 2000, 21:50
Hahahaha!!!!
Good idea.

jodok
22nd Aug 2000, 02:08
Please give a non-native an idea, what a stone is. Thanks.

Speechless Two
22nd Aug 2000, 02:20
1 stone = 14 pounds = 6.35 kg

------------------
Quickly; bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever. (Aristophanes)