View Full Version : stable eyesight agggggh!!!!HELP

geneticengineer
25th Jun 2000, 21:28
CAn someone please tell me in plane english what it means to have stable eyesight. I hav applied for a BA cadetship.

I don't meet the eyesight requirments but they said since i have a class 1 they will just check i have been stable for 2 years.

I've been -2.25 and -2.00 for 2 years but last week slipped to -2.5 and -2.25. Am i out or what?? Also got a slight astigmatism now.

Please advice me
thanks

Barney
25th Jun 2000, 22:23
Hi,

Don't panic......your eyesight seems stable. The difference in the two tests that you quote could be due to error in the testalone. Also, If you had them tested again tomorrow, it could be different again.

If you don't mind me asking, what did BA say. What are their eyesight requirements? I have a Class 1, but am now just outside -3 D; would the fact that I am outside the issue limit exclude from applying to BA?

Cheers!

Barney

geneticengineer
27th Jun 2000, 01:25
I think it probably would cos u probably would have a hard time getting a class 1 again so u might be seen as a risk!

Best bet is to phone BA doctors, don't have the number but just keep asking people and you'll get it. The secretaries are really helpfull too

El Cid
27th Jun 2000, 13:59
I would just like to point out to Geneticengineer that it is no problem if you go over 3 dioptres at renewal.The 3 dioptre limit is for initial certification purposes only and it is very rare for a pilot to lose a class 1 on prescription strength at renewal.In fact the jaa allow up to 5 dioptres officially at renewal.Best of luck,El Cid