PDA

View Full Version : monocular vision medical posibilites?

paulryan1990
15th May 2010, 18:45
hi all
i have monocular vision and based in ireland. i have over 40 hours flown but will be unable to pass a medical in ireland with my monocular vision. i had a meeting with the head of the iaa Dr Rosenstock. what are the possibilites of me getting a class 1 in other countries and has any one else with monocular vision successfully obtained a class 1. what should i do next.

thanks in advance

clunckdriver
15th May 2010, 20:03
I flew for the largest airline in Canada, I belive we had three monocular pilots, all made left seat, Mick Manock {WW1 high scoring scout pilot }was blind in one eye, I know of at least five monocular pilots in the RCAF/RAF, and Ive been flying since 1952 with only half a brain, so why is it that Ireland wont give you a licence? Didnt Wiley post land in Ireland on his around the world flight wearing his trade mark eye patch? Seems Ireland is a bit behind the times on this!

paulryan1990
16th May 2010, 10:47
hi clunkdriver, thanks for your encouraging reply. the head of the iaa Dr Rosenstock is not a nice woman and dismissed my case the second she heard monocular. the best bet for me now is to either move to a more accommodating country like the faa or does anyone know is the Jaa in Europe any more accommodating?

whats the best route for me to take. id love to talk to a monocular pilot about his/her experiences.

thanks
paul

clunckdriver
16th May 2010, 11:03
Check your PMs.

paulryan1990
16th May 2010, 11:33
Replied with thanks