PDA

View Full Version : Boeing leaders at EK screw up in Japan

cerbus
15th May 2010, 18:44
Has anyone heard about our fearless or gutless leaders on the Boeing busting a noise parameter taking off out of Tokyo?
It was told to me that the former commie and the former USAir chiefs took the first B-777 out of Tokyo and screwed up the departure and got EK fined by the authorities.
We all know these two have a history at Emirates of screwing things up but this time it cost the company money. At least Emirates has $1.1 Billion to pay the fine.
I would love to hear the real story if any of you have it.

GoreTex
15th May 2010, 21:36
are talking about EGT and Tartan guy (Brian)???

halas
16th May 2010, 04:44
I think he is referring to mini-EGT, AKA Ding-a-ling.

My first laugh of the day, more to come if true!

halas

LHR Rain
16th May 2010, 05:16
The USAir pilot must be that **** that was removed from doing upgrade interivews. The USAir guy in question also screwed up a departure out of JFK a couple of months back. How anyone can screw up a SID out of the US is beyond me especially if you are an American but you know how our office boys are.

sunbird123
16th May 2010, 15:59
If true this is typical of the double standards that management adopt in the middle east.
These clowns should be treated like they treat the rest of the crews.
Sent home on first available flight. Sadly this will not happen as they will cover up the incidents.

filejw
16th May 2010, 16:22
FYI you can bust the NRT noise parameters doing everything just right.More than likely JP folks trying to send a message of some type for what ever reason..

sandpit1
16th May 2010, 16:28
Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story. Their rosters show the commie leaving Tokyo the same night Ding-a-ling arrived. The Ding-a-ling roster also shows that he augmented both sectors and departed three days later. Cant fine any ASR’s showing that the commie did something wrong on his departure.