PDA

View Full Version : Who is hiring today?

A320Dreamer
15th May 2010, 15:51
Hey.

I'm looking for a list of all the airlines hiring TODAY. I know there is a lot of sites listing this but I'm looking for first hand experiences from people working there, or has been thru their assessment.

I only know of Ryanair, that is currently hiring.

Please list the experience needed and what type.

adamrich1
17th May 2010, 21:26
Well this thread got the replies it deserved :ugh::ugh::ugh:

:}

350Z
18th May 2010, 16:52
Ryanair are hiring.

blackred1443
18th May 2010, 18:19
I think ryanair are hiring

Captain-Random
18th May 2010, 18:24
I can also confirm Ryanair is hiring :}

DutchCRJ900driver
18th May 2010, 18:27
I keep faithfully updating my stuff with WA but never hear/see any response. Does anyone know if they are actually hiring?
And, what is the deal with their Typerating ? Do you have to finance the full 100% or do they take a part?

goaround737
18th May 2010, 21:50
Not sure about Whizzair, i think Ryanair are on the lookout?

Double the Drift
18th May 2010, 22:32
Sorry my fellow ppruners are being so UNhelpful.

I suggest you try Ryanair?

any jones
19th May 2010, 10:39
I think its Ryanair

clanger32
19th May 2010, 11:24
Does anyone know if Ryanair are hiring?

anthperry
19th May 2010, 11:50
Sum Irish bloke has a few 73'S needing drivers, think hes called Ryan

TRY2FLY
19th May 2010, 12:09
I heard on the grape vine that RYR is supposed to be recruiting , they're a small B738 operator from a small country in the west of Europe. they may well be worth applying to :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Street
19th May 2010, 12:36
Ab Initio?....wait several years, and hope the market changes
experienced?....try Emirates

clanger32
19th May 2010, 13:19
Ab Initio?....wait several years, and hope the market changes

Or you could try Ryanair.

potkettleblack
19th May 2010, 15:02
Give up your Swedish passport and seek adoption in one of the ME countries or HKG. There are numerous cadet programmes when you head East. Failing that call Mick. I have it on very good authority from a mate down the road who lives next to a bloke that overheard a conversation whilst outside a bar that Mick prefers the personal touch and likes all new recruits to phone him personally followed up by dropping in your CV to his office or alternatively at home in Mullingar.

The number is +353 1 812 1212. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Captain-Random
19th May 2010, 15:09
Forget Ryan Air

Try Easy Jet!

Experience required.

Ideally you need to have been spoon fed by your rich Daddyhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/pukey.gif. They don’t mind if you have scammed a few old grannies as long as you didn’t get caught.:D

Type

Euros, Pounds Dollars etc. They don’t care what type of currency you use to pay them.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

PS Don’t := tell them if you have a load of experience on Turbo prop or jet aircraft. That puts them off for some reason!

Do they accept conflict diamonds or Raw Opium by any chance? :}

goaround737
19th May 2010, 18:23
Do they accept conflict diamonds or Raw Opium by any chance?

No, but im pretty sure Ryanair do, try them.

767200ER
19th May 2010, 23:59
Ryanair are. Be quick though, they won't be for too long.

frank booth
20th May 2010, 14:28
Ryanair will be hiring for a while yet. No point having one FO flying 800hrs a year when you can have four flying 200. Thats another three type ratings they can charge for. Easy money innit...

Lafyar Cokov
20th May 2010, 15:52
Try these guys: Recruiting Now (http://www.ryanair.com)

flyhighspeed300
20th May 2010, 20:34
I believe British Airways are looking again for new first Officers.

I am ruled out like most people because I did the modular Route. British Airways only takes on integrated student only. They have no need to dip into the modular route they say. They do say if you have an ATPL with multi crew experience from another company they will take you with your past record of doing the modular route.

However if you did the Integrated Route with Cabair or Oxford you’re in with a chance.

Polorutz
20th May 2010, 23:44
Where have you heard that rumour? last time I heard BA had a 100+ pilot hold pool

CathayBrat
21st May 2010, 06:39
Now i now the job market in europe is bad, heard ryan air is NOT recruiting at the mo and sleazy jet has defered plane orders. Guess MOL filled up his P2F quota for the mth. But there is a glimer of hope, Africa is recruiting all over, being a contract pilot, its the way to go.:ok:

pilotguy32
21st May 2010, 07:27
Ryanair is definitely recruiting right now. I know several guys that have been called for assessment during the last weeks. But you really need to have great grades and references from your flight school, if you have that you can get an interview in just two weeks. Otherwise there are a lot of people in the turn before you. But it´s defintly worth a try.

Callsign Kilo
21st May 2010, 13:12
I know several guys that have been called for assessment during the last weeks

Recruiting NOW and calling people for assessment are two different things entirely. Especially in Ryanair. The commonality between the two is both = £s

Passing an assessment does not mean you will be recruited NOW. Recent entrants can testify to this with some having to be assessed twice due to recruitment plans being frozen and course dates cancelled at a moments notice.

Uncle Wiggily
21st May 2010, 14:17
having to be assessed twice due to recruitment plans

Does the applicant have to pay twice or do they get a buy 1 - get 1 free deal? Actually, not a bad revenue making scheme if the applicant has to pay again and again.

PAPI-74
21st May 2010, 18:40
Does anyone know if Ryan Air is recruiting and taking on experienced tp drivers?

I just heard that Ryan Air was recruiting from somewhere....

BigNumber
22nd May 2010, 05:29
Not sure about FR however the GA / Biz Jet Market seems to be waking from its recessionary slumber.

Quite a few jobs are going to be created by new aircraft delivery, owners re-locating, and retirements. Including UK.

Definitely do not give up hope fellas. GA is not for everyone but, if you are willing to go the extra mile, 'corporate' can be a rewarding experience.

BN

PAPI-74
22nd May 2010, 09:25
Everything that I have seen requires 500hrs jet and a TR.
I am sure it will change though.

kuryus
22nd May 2010, 09:39
I think that at this point everybody is willing to go that extra mile.
And Corporate is quite a nice business. And I believe that the pressure from the employers is less than in the Commercial Airlines that keep asking you to brake rules. ;)

BigNumber
22nd May 2010, 09:43
not true; pressure in corporate by far exceeds any 737, 320, RTP job.

crews are paid to do MUCH more than fly.

I promise that a soon as we get the internal green light on recruitment i'll make the 'early heads up' post. wont help everyone but will give a opening to a few guys.

BN

Happy Wanderer
22nd May 2010, 10:43
Now i now the job market in europe is bad, heard ryan air is NOT recruiting at the mo and sleazy jet has defered plane orders. Guess MOL filled up his P2F quota for the mth. But there is a glimer of hope, Africa is recruiting all over, being a contract pilot, its the way to go.

Cathay,

Any specifics on exactly where in the big dark continent we might see a glimmer, and what experience is typically required.

Cheers mate :ok:

HW

Spunky Monkey
22nd May 2010, 12:44
I think that at this point everybody is willing to go that extra mile.
And Corporate is quite a nice business. And I believe that the pressure from the employers is less than in the Commercial Airlines that keep asking you to brake rules.
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Well you obviously don't have a clue about the biz jet market...never have I seen such a ridiculous post in all my years on PPrune.

Obviously we spend all day looking glam around Nice and Cannes, then in the evening take the owners heli over to Monaco for a couple of G&Ts around the pool.

767200ER
22nd May 2010, 15:08
Callsign Kilo, what evidence do you have that Ryanair has cancelled any course dates?

I know for a fact that type courses are ongoing with minimal delay, the only delay is that courses are full so your start date is likely to be 2 months after the assesment.

Assesments were delayed because of the ash chaos, but that was the assesments for that week POSTPONED and subseqently resulted in a delay in one of the courses being filled.. (mine) however that was sorted out in no time.

The only time you will have more than one encounter with instructors at ryanair prior to starting the type rating is if you do the MCC, as you still have to attend a subsequent interview at STN. Ryanair don't give you a second chance to do the assesment. Fail it the first time, thats it for you.

The issue of money and cost has been discussed to death here with arguments for and against. If you don't agree with it, don't do it, there's thousands more who want the job. Because at the end of the day when all is said and done, you're a first officer operating on a very new fleet of 737-800's on a stable roster, there are FAR worse things you could do in life.

go around flaps15
22nd May 2010, 15:40
I believe Callsign kilo knows that. He/she works for Ryanair. I do too. No regrets either. It's not all good but it's certainly not all bad.
Energy well spent, would be energy put into your type rating instead of this forum.

Good luck with the TR.

MIKECR
22nd May 2010, 18:27
Yep, you'll prob meet him when your training:E

p.s. CK - was good to catch up in DUB last month...beers next time!

Callsign Kilo
28th May 2010, 00:13
767200ER, you need to get off the defensive. Long before you pitched yourself up at either EMT or STC for your 30 mins of stardom in the sim, there were guys who had passed assessments, had course dates arranged and then cancelled awaiting further notice. Due to currency considerations, Ryanair assessed them again. We are a big airline and the training department isn't solely focused around making sure future cadets get on to TR courses. We have enough FOs already to happily see us through the course of the year. Capacity, at the moment, will always be dedicated to OCCs for DECs,internal CUs and then recurrent training and checking. This extends into the line side of the operation when considering LTC availability and effective utilisation.

I'm not criticising your decision to join, I would never. Yet it bewilders me when guys fresh out of flight school come here with no concept of reality. Theories of 900 hours per annum, earning a fortune and a command within 3 years. It's as if it was an entitlement! Like my friend 'go around flaps15' states, your main focus should be getting through your SSTR instead of shooting the sh1t with the 'my mate who's mate knows of somebodies mate who flies for Ryanair and he says....' type of stuff.