PDA

View Full Version : Classic 737 RTO

Red Comet
15th May 2010, 10:39
It is always important to get the maximum speed achieved prior to an RTO for brake cooling calculations.

Anyone know how to extract this from the FMC?

rgds all

ampclamp
16th May 2010, 07:10
you may get it from the QAR but I dont think there is any facility within a classic 737 fmc to get that info.You may need to just note it yourself.

A RTO may involve special inspections by your tech people prior to dispatch anyway.

capt. solipsist
17th May 2010, 07:31
Plus, don't worry too much about the exact speed, you can just make an approximation, mostly ONLY TO CAUTION GROUND PERSONNEL. You're not going anywhere anytime soon anyway -- you reject above 80kts ONLY in case of.. well, you know the drill.

Cheers! :ok:

excrab
17th May 2010, 11:07
Surely one of you would have an idea of the indicated airspeed when you rejected? just take off the headwind component... Or if you want to be really clever brief thar the F/O takes a note of the groundspeed from the EFIS.

Don't really need to rely on the FMC for this one I would have thought.

Red Comet
21st May 2010, 22:04
Thanks for the replies. I guess the answer to the question is "no".
All points taken. I just wondered if there was a hidden function in the FMC/ACMS which put a figure on the max g/s achieved. After all even a simple car gps gives a max speed. Mine reads 483 mph officer.

rgds all