PDA

View Full Version : Warning Non Payers For Freelances At Biggin (threads merged)

simmatt
14th May 2010, 12:07
Hi,

Thought I would post a warning, there is an operation in Biggin Hill, N377GM, 2000 EX Easy. Nice Captain(who has done all he can to help get this paid, so a good guy) but he is stuck with an owner that seems not to want to pay. (Propinvest)

I flew in March and April for them, invoices sent, told end of April payment run. All ok, althought I like people that pay on time, TAG, Hangar8 etc etc.......

To date the Captain, has been calling his accounts people etc but nothing.......

The owner of the Aircraft (Glen Mxxx) has been contacted regarding this but like most prefers to fly than pay.....He has nothing to say on this subject!

So in future I will check out who I fly for in advance, if I had have googled the owner his profile of being close to bankrupt at all times may have rung alarm bells!

This industry has trust in it, and this trust was used to ask me to help and operate this aircraft.

If your called to fly, cash up front or keep the aircraft on the ground for people who think it is ok not to pay!

merlinxx
14th May 2010, 12:35
Excellent call:ok:

perryportugal
14th May 2010, 14:10
My company has provided ground transport for Propinvest over the last few years. They were slow to pay and we closed their account (nothing outstanding) about 2 months ago. We took the view that the risk was not worth the return. I would advise anyone dealing with them to do so with extreme caution.

simmatt
14th May 2010, 15:02
Good news, I have been called and told I will be paid..............

I will let you know if and when and if his happens...................

This is still in my mind a pay as we fly operation!

Crosswind Limits
16th May 2010, 10:12
Presuming you were successful then bral! ;)

simmatt
18th May 2010, 02:36
Hi,

So I posted the below post, I have modified it now to protect those involved. They are being protected by this forum for reasons that I am sure we will all question.

Having posted, I then noted that the post had vanished, I contacted a moderator who offered support and re posted it.

Again it has gone, removed by a “supermod”………..who has warned me not to post like it again, apparently naming is not ok with prune, not sure how we can tell each other of non payers?

This forum is about support and trust, I did not hide my name and did not tell anything but the clear truth about the company involved. I noted than another company that many of us know also had similar feelings on the company’s ability to pay bills.

Pprune should be ashamed of its self, it has clearly attempted to protect the Corporate Owner and not the Pilot who has been unpaid.

All of us be warned……………….Feel free to pm me if you are a 2000 easy driver…….. Or read easy answers for more info

------- origional post de identified---------

Hi,

Thought I would post a warning, there is an operation in Biggin Hill, N****M, 2000 EX Easy. Nice Captain, but he is stuck with an owner that seems not to want to pay.

I flew in March and April for them, invoices sent, told end of April payment run. All ok, althought I like people that pay on time, TAG, Hangar8 etc etc.......

To date the Captain, has been calling his accounts people etc but nothing.......

It now appears that the owner of the Aircraft has done a runner from the UK!

So in future I will check out who I fly for in advance, if I had have googled the owner his profile of being close to bankrupt at all times may have rung alarm bells!

This industry has trust in it, and this trust was used to ask me to help and operate this aircraft.

If your called to fly, cash up front or keep the aircraft on the ground for people who think it is ok not to pay!

411A
18th May 2010, 08:02
Only one time have I not been paid on time.
Our small company repossessed an airliner (L1011) from Thailand for a leasing company, and when it was delivered to the USA, the leasing company then did not want to pay.
So...I attached the airplane via a federal court order, filed a mechanics lien so it could not be sold with a clear title, and then had my attorney send a letter to the leasing company...'pay up or else, I will own it'.

They paid up, PDQ.:E

PPRuNe Towers
18th May 2010, 09:37
Supermod was wrong. And you got you original thread back. Interesting to note that it was your "good guy" that wrote demanding the thread was removed and why the supermod got involved. Look forward to good news on the original thread.

Rob

flybypilot
18th May 2010, 09:38
I agree with warning freelancers of non-payers, but it does open up the opportunity for people to take cheap low blows at other companies or air gripes. Would just take people to be adult and honest about it! Every situation is different though.

simmatt
19th May 2010, 13:57
Your comments have all been welcomed;

The idea of a Pilots Lien sounds the best way to recover. I am in the USA now so probably easy enough to go see an aviation lawyer here.

The update is that although I was called by the Captain of the aircraft, the as I put it "nice guy" and told that I would be paid nothing has arrived.

Last time I paid a bill I think it takes max 3 days to transfer money!

Also intrusting is the fact as many of you will have read, the post was pulled, then put back, and it was the nice guy behind that. I think if any of us were in the position we would be fighting to get our colleagues paid, not silenced!

I will let you know should I log onto the bank and have a shock!.......

Worst of it all, turn up on time, do a good job, sit in Luxemburg for the day waiting and do the Jepps! We all just want to arrive, do the job to the best we can and at the end get paid for it!…….

simmatt
22nd May 2010, 14:46
Paid at last!

Accountant was honest at least and said it was cash flow

Money in the bank is better than a hard landing...........

411A
22nd May 2010, 16:38
The idea of a Pilots Lien sounds the best way to recover

Keep in mind that for a lien to be placed on a US-registered aircraft, it must be for certain services, and pilots pay is not one of them.
Mechanics work....different story.