View Full Version : Another Question for Magoo

El Cid
21st Jun 2000, 21:09
I would just like to ask Magoo or anyone else who has had success with the Bates method the amount of time spent on the various different exercises such as palming,pencil fusion etc.I already have my class one but I am very interested in maintaining or improving my vision and so I have been taken on by a Bates teacher in Bolton.She hasn't however given me much guidance with respect to the amount of time needed for the best results.I would appreciate it very much Magoo if you could give us all some guidance on this issue as your success has been very inspirational.Cheers

Mr Magoo
21st Jun 2000, 21:36
Hi Cid,

Well I've been pretty lax about the exercises really, probably about 1/2 an hour's worth a day when I began Bates currently down to a bit of palming(!) whenmy eyes get tired these days.

I think relaxation and motivation are a large part of my success. Don't forget to avoid wearing glasses whenever possible and to get some weaker than full prescription glasses too (V. IMPORTANT that bit)

I'm currently on my second week of ATPL groundschool so you too can get there!!

Cheers

Magoo

Busbar
23rd Jun 2000, 01:20
EL CID,

Could you please give me the contact details of your Bates teacher in Bolton. I have been after one for some time and this appears to be the closest yet!

Your help is much appreciated.

El Cid
23rd Jun 2000, 02:22
Hi Busbar,glad to be of assistance.My teachers name is Wendy Finch and she teaches in Bolton,Nantwich and Liverpool.Her number is 01270 624303.She comes to Bolton about once a month and charges £25 per session.Also you can arrange more tuition with her if you like,at her home.Hope this proves to be useful,let us know how you get on!

El Cid

Busbar
24th Jun 2000, 04:58
Thanks El Cid, you have been a great help to me! I will let you know how I get on!
Best of luck to yourself!

regards
BB