PDA

View Full Version : a320 flex and max take off

jehad_b
12th May 2010, 16:14
Dear Sir,

Today i start first day in the a320 performance.i took flex and max takeoff and landing calculation.plesae i need any body to teaching me how can do the flex and max and landing manual calculations.

fredgrav
12th May 2010, 18:51
didn't they provide you with a Performance CBT ?! ... anyway, being the argument just too complex for being discussed here, can easily find a complete step-guide on your FCOM 2 !

Cheers,
fredgrav

PT6A
12th May 2010, 18:52
Just use the LPC! Works a treat!

PT6A

toby320
12th May 2010, 19:28
Hi, about your question is not hard to explain but is necesary to refer to some books ..so not easy to do it here try it first to get an aswer with an instructor then if you need to clarify some thing especific try again here

cheers
toby.

Nubboy
12th May 2010, 20:14
Stick with the ground school and the instructor.

HOWEVER, do make sure that you understand the ideas that they are trying to get across. It's a technique to save wear and tear on the engines. Basically, if you have a long enough runway, then you can accelerate to flying speeds with reduced engine power. This makes the engines last longer, which the companies think is a good thing.

Good luck on your course.:ok:

ex desert dweller
12th May 2010, 21:17
Jehad b
Where are your Instructors from?
How long is the Performance Course?

jehad_b
13th May 2010, 09:32
I am from saudi arabia, the instructors ( usa ) trying to explane the performance as good as. but we could not understanding and our course is 35 days to get the type rating.this for transition pilots.and they explane just the t/o data card from 8 am till 5 pm just for flex and max t\o. i do not know how long the landing data card will take.

i know there is FMS but they want every thing manually by the book
i need the steps to calculate the t\o ( flex and max) and landind manually.

because i read the books but they did not explane the examples very will. to follow them step by step

i flow on dash 8-200 and 737-700 and md90-300 , it was very easy.

thank you very much for helping

mutt
13th May 2010, 13:21
Jehad_b,

You are either in Jeddah or Riyadh, if in Jeddah then insist that your instructor explains the process to you correctly, if at the end of the lesson you still don't understand, then go to your fleet manager and complain. Remember that if you fail the course, its your fault and not the instructors and at that stage it will be too late to complain.

The procedure is extremely similar to the MD90.

Mutt

jehad_b
13th May 2010, 21:35
Dear Sir

you are right 100% and i will talk to our manager.thank u very much