PDA

View Full Version : IR renewed with Initial TR?

AceOfHearts
12th May 2010, 13:36
A quick question...

My ME/IR are needs to be renewed soon but at the moment am doing a TR on an ME a/c which is including all the precision/non-precision approaches, hold, SE approach, EFATO etc.

Will my TR course be enough to get renewal on my ME/IR? (I know the recurrency checks keep line pilots license valid...)

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Regards.

AceOfHearts
12th May 2010, 14:20
Or at least point me towards the right info...

FlyingStone
12th May 2010, 14:31
If you're doing TR for multi-pilot aircraft, it wouldn't renew your ME/IR, which I guess it is for single-pilot aircraft (SPA/ME/IR)...

alphaadrian
12th May 2010, 14:54
Flyingstone is quite correct. Your type rating LST will give you a multi pilot IR which can only be used on that particular type. Your piston IR (MEIR) is a separate rating and requires a separate revalidation. Good luck with the TR

Alph:ok:

ps im making the bold assumption that ur type rating is indeed on a multi pilot a/c of course!

xuejiesandi
12th May 2010, 15:21
As I know it depends on which license you have...as in most African CAA IR can be renewed with TR..I think with FAA its different..(Stand to be corrected)..

AceOfHearts
12th May 2010, 16:13
Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. Well, if that works, multi pilot ME/IR validated/renewed...Im happy with that as I don't intend on flying single pilot ME/IR operation any time soon. Cool stuff. Thanks.

MIKECR
12th May 2010, 16:22
alphaadrian is bang on the money. The TR will not revalidate/renew the SPA MEIR. It will however issue you with a MPA MEIR applicable to the a/c type only. Unless you subsequently renew/revalidate the SPA MEIR then you cannot exercise the privilages of an IR in a Single Pilot Aeroplane.