PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Malcolm Club Users/Organisers during WWII

enfantterrible
12th May 2010, 12:39
I know this is a bit cheeky as I have nothing to do with the RAF but any help in tracing members of the RAF or women who were involved in the Malcolm clubs on the frontlines during WWII would be hugely helpful.

I'm a second year history undergraduate researching for my dissertation which will be based around civilian women and their role within the Malcolm clubs during WWII and the years immediately following it.

Any names/addresses/information would be hugely helpful.

Thanks for reading.

enfantterrible
15th May 2010, 22:31
sorry to bump this up but i'm quite desperate to find some sort of information or contacts

Union Jack
15th May 2010, 22:44
ET

Have a look at http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/344325-malcolm-clubs-2.html

It mostly refers to much more recent memories, including mine, but there may be one or two clues for you.

Jack

jayjay20
27th Feb 2011, 16:01
is is my second go at a reply, it appears that my original one was too short. I have what seems to be a hundred or so letters written by my late wife who was a Malcolm Club lady they were kept by her now late mother. They are very detailed about life in the clubs in Singapore, the Canal zone Europe and England. I first met her in the Malcolm Wos & Joes RAF Luneberg Germany. I persoally met a number of the various Club's Staff and would be quite happy to let you have the letters for your retention and study.Write to EX39 1SG if you are interested.