PDA

View Full Version : Pantelleria - anyone know if GA flights still allowed?

MalteseJambo
12th May 2010, 11:32
Appologies if this is posted in the wrong place...

I've been wanting to do a nav from Malta to pantelleria to lampedusa for a while now; However the Notams for pantelleria read:

RWY RUNWAY 08/26. TAKEOFF AND LANDING FORBIDDEN DUE TO WIP.
REF AIP AD 2 LICG 2-1

PILOTS USING RWY 03/21 MUST COMPLY WITH QUALIFICATION ACCORDING TO
AIP AD 2 LICG 1-8/9 POINT 4 'PILOT QUALIFICATION'

I've read the AIP to try and find out what exacly point 4 'pilot qualification' is but it doesnt say anything specific for GA, its more to do with limitations on commercial flights, however it is very unclear an im not sure if im reading the right part.

Can anyone tell me whether its ok to fly there, just for a VFR nav (touch and go and using RW 03/21)

Cheers

Can anyone enlighten me what the

saucy jack
13th May 2010, 16:33
Yes they are, I was there today and checked for you!

VFR flights need PPR and there is no avgas available. Contact the tower for PPR. You may need to give 24 hours notice (same at Lampedusa).

Runway 21 is landing only, Runway 03 take off only, so touch and gos are not possible on that runway.

However the resurfaced runway 08/26 is due to reopen on 16 May (due to rather than certain to) after which it will be normal operations again.

Don't worry about the pilot qualification stuff, that relates to commercial ops only!.

SJ

MalteseJambo
16th May 2010, 22:45
Cheers SJ, Are you flying from Malta or somewhere in sicily?

Cheers for the info; been a bit hard to find out what exactly is going on and my italian is not at the level to call up the airport and ask for detailed explainations like this!

I was going just for touch and go's, so might wait till everythins sorted with the newly surfaced runway before i head over....weird, last time i was there the runway surface was jet black and looked perfect, same at reggio, but both are now being resurfaced....oh well!

Sam Rutherford
1st Mar 2012, 19:43
Any update on avgas here?

Cheers, Sam.