PDA

View Full Version : RVEC ILS on a flight plan

flightlevel1985
11th May 2010, 12:19
Just a quick one guys. On an IFR flight plan, what is the quick way of asking for a radar vectored ILS? I think it is 'HL' but just wanted to make sure and cant seem to find a publication documenting it anywhere.

potatowings
11th May 2010, 14:25
Don't know if there is one. I have never filed for vectors, just the last point on an airway then the destination. Make sure the last point links up with the STAR's and you should be all set to go. The vectors are then just provided by Radar on arrival.

If there are now STAR's, just the last point on the airway will suffice.

PicMas
11th May 2010, 18:14
you can not file radar vectors

NuName
12th May 2010, 04:18
In 35 years of flying I have never heard of a entry like this on a flight plan. SID's, STAR's only, and even that is a lottery.

Miles Magister
12th May 2010, 11:17
You add it as free text in item 18. such as RMK/RQST RAD VEC TO ILS AT EG??
The destination ops assistant will normally pick this up when the FLT PLN is received and processed.

This has always worked for me when arriving at an airfield with no arrival and possibly outside CAS.

MM

MIKECR
12th May 2010, 16:17
MM is quite correct. Freetext something similar to - REQ RAD VEC ILS will suffice.

Chilli Monster
12th May 2010, 16:57
Albeit quite pointless as, by filing IFR, you'll get the most expeditious IFR approach available - 9 times out of 10 being a radar vectored ILS.