PDA

View Full Version : G5 Executive

Aussie
11th May 2010, 10:27
Gday guys,

Wondering if anyone could help me out with some info on the company? Whats it like to work for them? A lot of sitting around, or flying? Keen interest is the Legacy fleet. Pay? Living in Zurich? Any info would help...

Any guys here working for them?

THanks for the help!

Gulfstreamaviator
11th May 2010, 15:25
They are a great company, and they had the leading houred G5 at one time, it never spent any time on the ground.

Crews just followed it round the world.

I would work for them at a moments notice, just great guys.

OK.????

Glf

Aussie
11th May 2010, 21:25
Thanks for the info, any details on T&Cs? The rosters? I knew they had a leading houred Gulfstream, but it was before the crisis, how are they doing now? The Legacy is the one of interest for me...

Cheers

Gulfstreamaviator
12th May 2010, 09:03
I do not work for them, or know them well enough to answer your question, sorry.

happy hunting.

glf

Aussie
12th May 2010, 09:38
Cheers!

Surely there must be someone out there in the know! :ok:

GULF69
12th May 2010, 18:48
I know a lot of their pilots... they fly their asses off but good company to work for!

Aussie
12th May 2010, 20:06
Thanks mate, appreciate it.... Still trying to get some more concrete info!!! Come on G5 guys, surely you have time in the hotel to check pprune! :}

KirkyMS
13th May 2010, 06:39
Good Thread @Aussie - would have opened a similar one, but questioning the G550, not the Legacy colleagues there. Thanks ;)

Aussie
13th May 2010, 18:56
Yeah thanks mate, might be a good thread, but sure as hell not getting a whole lot of info out of it! Heres hoping!! :ok:

m8vrk
13th May 2010, 22:30
Hi there,

Any info on G5 Exec - Legacy fleet would be of much interest to me too. Feel free to PM me if you would like.

Regards,

m8vrk

the_bookkeeper
15th May 2010, 04:53
They just hired 3 new guys throughout their fleet. Flying a lot, pay is ok

ap10046
15th May 2010, 05:05
..I just keep getting rejected...:bored:

Aussie
15th May 2010, 08:35
Everyone says flying alot... Whats the mean in the biz jet world...? 400hrs?

specialbrew
15th May 2010, 09:12
Think their aircraft are doing nearer 1,000 hr/yr :eek:

g5tom
15th May 2010, 12:54
Hi Aussie

There is definitely not much sitting around at G5 Executive. Not just on the Gulfstreams, also on the Legacy! I usually log around 400 - 500 hours/year (record was 800 hrs/year!).

Lot's of flying, good team and interesting destinations.

Quote: "Come on G5 guys, surely you have time in the hotel to check pprune"

- Forget about it! Often it's minimum rest!:}

Regards,
g5tom

alexonthesky
2nd Feb 2012, 14:02
Hello guys,

Coming back on this old thread...
Any fresher infos concerning conditions with G5executive?
Wondering if the website is up-to-date? How many gulfstreams?
Rosters?commuting?salaries?Managed AC or chartered?...

Happy Landings
Alex

FLEXJET
2nd Feb 2012, 14:34
It looks like they have only Swiss registered aircraft:

PC-12 HB-FOY (managed)
L600 HB-JEL (not sure if still for sale)
G450 HB-JGJ (managed)
G-V HB-IMJ
G550 HB-JEV (for sale)2004 GULFSTREAM G550 Jet Aircraft For Sale At Controller.com (http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/GULFSTREAM-G550/2004-GULFSTREAM-G550/1217081.htm?)

They are looking for V-550-450 FOs...

alexonthesky
2nd Feb 2012, 17:13
Thanks FlexJet, I have been invited for an interview soon, so I wanted to have some news about the company health.

Thx again.
Alex

EMB170
30th Aug 2013, 13:15
They have been looking for G450/550 and Legacy pilots,the last two weeks.

Anybody know if they are just testing the market or are they really recruiting. Doesn't say anything on there website.

Info about T&C would be great and are they offering rotations, ie 15-15, or month on month off..?
Would be great to get some info
Thanks
EMB170

ps:found it on latestpilotjobs.com

HyFlyer
30th Aug 2013, 17:18
They are a reference company. High standards, quality management and great people. It is all down to attitude.....they have the right attitude.

I do not work for them, have never worked for them, but know the team reasonably well over the years...and the owner.

Highest respect.

Renaud
20th Oct 2014, 08:13
Hi guys,

I'll give an up to this thread...

Does anybody have any infos concerning T's & C's, future needs, A/C, etc...

I'm looking on Internet, but got NIL.

I will appreciate any hints!

Thx

R

ericthepilot
25th Oct 2014, 04:56
Remember it is a Swiss company. Therefore it will treat Swiss pilots totally different then any expat. Payscale, insurance benefits and pension plan are either non existent and self pay for a expat as the Swiss government clearly allows a two tier system.
If you wish to build time a for a career future, then sure, have a look at the Swiss companies out there. But always remember, you will be a temp worker to them, no matter how the contract is worded and once you are fired/given up, you made the most money for these (management) companies as they made the most profit. They had to pay less in social security and other contributions.
And did not have to support you in the same way then a Swiss national.

Tag, Jet Aviation and G5 Exec are prime examples of good time building companies for expats.
BTW your chances to become Swiss during the employment ?
NIL

But good luck with the flying.

Kelly Hopper
25th Oct 2014, 07:35
I heard the other day that G5exec is not what it once was. Shame if true?

BizJetJock
25th Oct 2014, 11:25
you made the most money for these (management) companies as they made the most profit

You think management companies make a profit? Best joke I've heard in years! :)

Global_Global
27th Oct 2014, 08:05
Quote:
you made the most money for these (management) companies as they made the most profit
You think management companies make a profit? Best joke I've heard in years! :)

That is exactly the reason why I cannot stop smiling when I see a company like Lux aviation buying companies all over the place :E