PDA

View Full Version : Zambia 1000hrs PIC minimum!

Baron Von Mildred
11th May 2010, 07:09
Hi
Seems would be flyers in Zambia are now required to have a minimum of 1000hrs PIC before validaion or conversion of professional licences!

My understanding is that this is part of DCA attempts to reach ICAO compliance. Does anyone know any other state with this requirement?

BVM

Cave Troll
11th May 2010, 08:21
Is that a requirement for Zambian pilots or for ex pat crew wanting a Zambian licence? Either way it seems a bit steep.

ct

lilflyboy262
11th May 2010, 15:46
Ex-pat validation. To keep the jobs to the locals rather than ex-pats. There are ways around it apparently. Don't ask me how though, just know it can be done.

Baron Von Mildred
6th Jun 2010, 20:31
I heard it applies to everyone. Currently there is no way of training for a cpl or atpl in zambia. So locals have to get one elsewhere. I heard one company managed to get an exemption tho'.

ReverseFlight
26th Jun 2010, 01:12
A mate of mine recently got a job there, and he certainly has > 1000 hrs.

I appreciate it does not prove the rumour, but does not disprove it either.

oompilot
26th Jun 2010, 14:59
If it's true I think it's a great rule. SA CAA should show some interest in protecting local pilots in the same way. Show the pilots that the CAA has other functions besides milking them and suspending licenses. Perhaps they could introduce it as there first service?

Baron Von Mildred
26th Jun 2010, 18:33
As far as I can work out sa caa already has it pretty well sewn up. Validations only for use outside sa, and licences only issued after resitting all exams!
Bvm:ugh: