PDA

View Full Version : LPC/OPC

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
10th May 2010, 06:46
Hi

The validity of the LPC is seems clear to me as it is written in my logbook, but how frequently does a UK airline have to conduct an OPC in the sim?

My Airline aims for every six months but i've no idea how long they are able to let the OPC slip. It is slightly complicated as we do a combined LPC/OPC on each sim, nominally every six months, but it has now been seven months since my last one - does anybody know when I must do the OPC given that my LPC runs on my license until the end of October 2010?:\

Many thanks.

Denti
10th May 2010, 07:06
Did you check your OM-D? Usually that contains all relevant information about training, training intervals, methods and re-training.

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
10th May 2010, 07:12
Hi

Unfortunately I have no access to part D - i suppose thats the training manual? Only issued to trainers.

Cheers.

capt. solipsist
10th May 2010, 07:23
If your version of LPC is the ANNUAL Line Prof Check, i cannot see how your airline can conduct it in the SIM. The check, as the name implies, should be conducted on a regular line flight.

If it does have a different meaning, disregard pls :E

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
10th May 2010, 07:30
Disregarded - It stands for License Proficiency Check! ;)

capt. solipsist
10th May 2010, 07:35
On the matter of your OPC, the period of validity shall be 6 calendar months in addition to to the remainder of the month of issue. (EX: OPC on Jan 2. Count 6 months FROM JAN 31, i.e., JULY 31, as the expiry date.)

IF issued within the final 3 calendar months of validity of a previous OPC, the period of validity shall extend from the date of issue until 6 calendar months from the expiry date of that PREVIOUS OPC.

Going back to the example, if for some reason you were made to do an OPC on MAY 29, the validity of that OPC would be until JAN 31 (JUL 31 plus 6 months). That's a period of 8 months. :}

Cheers!!! :ok:

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
10th May 2010, 08:21
Thanks! :ok: