PDA

View Full Version : ISM evac!

wongsuzie
9th May 2010, 02:39
WIth regards to the SCMP pic.

Is that the ISM at the bottom of the slide?

LongTimeInCX
9th May 2010, 08:54
It did appear to be someone who wore apparel similar to the ISM uniform. Your point?

If you are alluding to whether the call made as the door was opening was "Evacuate, Evacuate, Follow meeeeeee...." and that she was first one out, a rumour which has provided much mirth amongst the crew, then ask your self just who took the photo?

And if it is the ISM, so what, there was probably a good reason for her being there. End result was a very succesful and quick evacuation with minimal and minor injuries only.

So if you went fishing, you got a bite:ok:

404 Titan
9th May 2010, 10:27
wongsuzie

It would appear the ISM was following company policy to a “T” as stated in:

Vol 5, Part 1 - General, Section 1 – Emergency Evacuation – Land

In particular:

Par 9.8,( A), h,i & n, (B), a,b & c.

and

Vol 5, Part 2 – Airbus, Section 5 – Land Evacuation
Par 3.1, G

Of course if you work for CX you would already know this. You would also know that this manual is a legal document approved by the HKCAD.

Flap10
9th May 2010, 12:13
404 Titan,

It would appear the ISM was following company policy to a “T” as stated in:

Did you even bother reading any of the references you quoted?? ISM is door primary, with that in mind have a re-read of the duties of door primary.

404 Titan
9th May 2010, 13:08
Flap10

Yes I did. I suggest you re-read the references. They are all Door Primary duties with the exception of (B) a,b & c which are Door Assist. I also saw the photos of the ISM at the bottom of a slide quite obviously taken by one of the pax at the end of the emergency evacuation. Can you therefore tell me where she hasn’t complied with the “Door Primary” evacuation duties below?

9.8 Recommended crew actions
A. Door primary

h. As the flow of passengers to your door decreases, quickly check around to determine if you should call passengers from an overcrowded exit to your exit. When making this decision, consider the time it takes to get their attention, and move to your exit. If there are no problems at the other exits and your area is clear, evacuate yourself taking any necessary equipment (see point n).

i. Once on the ground, assist passengers to a secure and protected area away from the aircraft and any fuel spillage. Render whatever aid necessary.

3. LAND EVACUATION DUTIES CABIN CREW
3.1 Door Primary Duties
G. Check area - Evacuate

Quickly walk around your area to look for injured, unconscious, incapacitated passengers or crew. Pay particular attention to the toilets and the space between seat rows. On completion, evacuate. After evacuation, assist and control passengers by gathering them together. Move passengers away from the wreckage as far as practicable. It may be necessary to render first aid and reassure passengers before help arrives. Passengers may wish to re-enter the aircraft for their belongings; they must be stopped.

CodyBlade
9th May 2010, 14:14
''If you area is CLEAR [of pax?] evacute''.

Bograt
9th May 2010, 14:26
This thread is going nowhere constructive.

404 Titan
9th May 2010, 21:45
FDAP FRED

Nice first post under your new handle. For the record N1 has since been proven to be wrong by the CAD’s very own preliminary report of the factual events on the day.
looks like it is another crewmember standing next to her BTW.
So what if there is another crew member next to her at the bottom of a slide. Where hasn’t she complied with the above duties?

Bograt

If that means I won’t be party to stabbing my own work colleagues in the back, well then I can live with that. The original poster made a statement about a photo in the SCMP. I have posted extracts from Vol 5 explaining why she was there. I will leave it at that.

Bograt
10th May 2010, 00:32
404: Not you I was referring to.

404 Titan
10th May 2010, 02:19
Bograt

No Problems. Sorry.:ok:

wongsuzie
10th May 2010, 09:09
Woah there boys, nothing sinister in the query, it's a dramatic picture.

Professionalism and thorough training kicks in resulted in a happy ending.

Great job done by all concerned.

Just comparing to the evac in TPE by our friends down south. i.e the Kebaya/slippers clad girls.