PDA

View Full Version : Getting a full physical on vacation: Where?

smo-kin-hole
8th May 2010, 20:11
Is there a place where I can get a really good work-up, beyond the Class 1 medical, in a sunny place and not go broke? I think its about time to do this. I can't afford US health care. I'm looking for an MRI, X-rays, bloodwork and I'd like to know I'm OK when I leave without a billing shock later. Mexico? Or? Thanks!

PS: I'm just looking out for when the warranty expires;)

Mr.Black
8th May 2010, 21:04
Bangkok Hospital Medical Center is pretty good.

They're popular with "medical tourists". They have staff who are fluent in various languages and meet and greet service from BKK airport.

Have personally used them a few times. :ok:

smo-kin-hole
8th May 2010, 23:19
Thai food destroys me, but I'll look at it. Thanks!

homonculus
29th May 2010, 11:29
PLEASE DONT

Whole body imaging is not a good idea - the risks exceed the benefit. In fact, most health screening is dubious. Your GP will check your urine for diabetes, your blood pressure and other things done on an aviation medical but this is all you need! Calcium scoring for people with increased risk of heart disease and virtual colonography over 50 may identify the risk of caoronary artery disease and pick up early bowel cancer, but these are available in the UK

So go and have a holiday and stop worrying - otherwise you will be another case of a false positive - I see them from time to time on my intensive care unit - healthy people that got tested until something was found.