PDA

View Full Version : Cubana ex LGW (dupe from SLF forum)

geriatrix
8th May 2010, 14:43
Someone suggested this was a better forum to try...

I'm meant to be flying LGW-HOG with CU in a couple of weeks time. I've been trying to check the reliability of the weekly service from LGW over the last month or so, but keep coming up with conflicting info from the various tracker sites.

One site said that the flight on 5th May was operated by a Boeing 767-300 instead of the usual Ilyushin Il-96. Does anyone know if this is correct, and whose Boeing it was?

Thanks.

Charley B
8th May 2010, 17:34
Hiya,
Think this belongs to Euro Atlantic a portuguese charter firm that do sub contract work for various airlines-it was correct as i watched it depart.
The Cubana Illyushin had tech probs a week or so ago -i think they have used that EA before
Have a great hols!

firstchoice7e7
8th May 2010, 22:04
g,

the IL-96 had tech problems (flight control issues) a couple of weeks ago and returned to LGW where it was grounded, this is probably why the leased 767 is being used. No idea if the IL-96 has been fixed yet,

Charley B
9th May 2010, 06:45
IL -96 left LGW at 12.30 on Fri 7th for Moscow.

geriatrix
9th May 2010, 17:31
Thanks all for the info - torn between the joys of travelling on an Ilyushin Il-96 but with Cubana in flight service, or a Portuguese charter airline previously unknown to me. Perhaps the volcano will intervene as well...