PDA

View Full Version : North America

The Range
7th May 2010, 22:47
North America
Still the busiest region for commercial aviation.

But not here at PPRuNe. In fact it is one of the less bussy. Why? I don't
know. Isn't Canada part of North America?

Check 6
8th May 2010, 00:33
Because we have many U.S. based aviation forums.

767Capt
8th May 2010, 02:11
And the Language barrier, most of us here in the USA don't speak European ;)

The Range
8th May 2010, 10:25
And what do you guys speak? American?

MungoP
8th May 2010, 11:05
Fact is... very few pilots I've met since arriving here know about Pprune.. and it's a chicken and egg thing.. if they take a look at it they'll find little about north america so don't take much interest therefore little gets posted and the lethargy perpetuates itself.... As Check 6 says there are locally based websites such as ProPilot World but having watched it for a while I discovered it was mostly the same few guys posting... a bit like overhearing a regular group in a bar... nothing like the scale of Pprune.

con-pilot
8th May 2010, 19:19
Sad to say, that sooner or later anything that has to do with the United States ends up in a bashing fest against the US, therefore, the thread ends up in Jet Blast.

So most posters just start threads about the US in Jet Blast, as to save the moderators time and effort.

TabulaRasa
12th May 2010, 03:17
They're just jealous we can still buy a US gallon of 100 low lead for under $4 a gallon....and fuel has gone up drastically in the past two months. :}

Uncle Wiggily
12th May 2010, 13:13
The USA has its own message board that may be older than Pprune. Pprune is geared toward European and Middle East work. No big secret..check out http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/

MungoP
12th May 2010, 14:24
Uncle Wiggily: The USA has its own message board that may be older than Pprune. Pprune is geared toward European and Middle East work. No big secret..check out http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/

Looked at that one... they don't let you join unless you use a 'non-free' e-mail address.. !! ie. If your e-mail address is Hotmail/Yahoo/G-Mail etc... no good.
What a bloody sillly restriction. Who dreams up this cr@p ?

NEDude
29th May 2010, 15:09
You forgot about the king of all USA aviation crackpipes - flightinfo.com.