PDA

View Full Version : Part 91 to Part 121

767IPilot
7th May 2010, 18:53
Has anyone else heard this? I had a fellow tell me today in HongKong that Part 91 operators in the US will soon have to operate under 121 rules?

I thought he was crazy...but then there are some people who feel sorry for the 9/11 hijackers, too.

chongololo
7th May 2010, 19:25
That's crazy, there is no way that they could, it would be the death of general aviation.
That guy is on crack or something.

Pugilistic Animus
8th May 2010, 00:30
perhaps part 91 operators of part 25 'Large turbine transport airplanes'

but I have not heard of any NPPRM ---but after a few part 91 incidents and accidents involving repositioning perhaps they are getting strict ---although they still must be flown [theoretically] ATP standards

johns7022
2nd Jun 2010, 19:01
No...but what could happen, and we see this starting...is that the FAA/TSA might try to make all pilots pass background checks.....corp. pilots wear badges...ect..certain int'l ops are starting to require all pax to have full disclosure on passenger identities...ect.....if the airlines are behind this, then I submit we get to repair our engines at 25000 hrs on condition as opposed to tbo...ect..

MarkerInbound
2nd Jun 2010, 22:58
There are still some large aircraft operators operating under 91 that have been grandfathered and haven't moved to 125. I've heard the Feds are trying to get them under 125.