PDA

View Full Version : Bit of Help/Info Needed.

SA10
7th May 2010, 16:27
Hello All
I have come seeking information, but have little to offer in return with my limited experience. Anyone with info and the time to reply would be very much appreciated.

I achieved a HPPL in RSA in April 2009. Moved to UK pretty much straight away and then to Middle East to work to fund my hours and hopefully CPL. In doing so my HPPL I believe has expired. (valid till 2019, but I am told expires if no renewal, currency fees completed within the year?) Ironic, stupid call it what you will, I just couldn`t get back to do it.

I have done about 8 hrs dual in UK when I get leave from work. I intend to return to SA in Feb/March 2011 to take up my flying...full time this time round.

My question is what will I be required to do when I return to SA to get my PPL back online?

Will I have to resit PPL exams?

If I don`t manage to fly at all between now and then will it make matters worse? Hopefully I don`t have to start from scratch....please don`t tell me that, if that is the case.

I have tried the SA CAA website but have not found anything that can give me a definitive answer and put the mind at ease. In my current location I cannot just pick up the phone either.

I am rather concerned about the issue and any information would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

SloppyJoe
7th May 2010, 16:45
Sorry can't help much other than to say that the easiest and best way to get an answer would be to call or email the school where you plan to fly when in SA.