PDA

View Full Version : Looking at studying in Perth Australia

aanthonisz
7th May 2010, 13:16
Looking at doing a JAA integrated course with a frz atpl. Any advice be most welcome

Nicko1986
23rd May 2010, 18:37
Hello guys,

i have recently been successful in my assessment with RACWA flying school in bournemouth to start an integrated course for ATPL. I shall be starting in August.
i found the school to be very pleasant and friendly whilst on my assessment, due to the course sizes on the integrated course only being from 6-12 students i believe this would be beneficial to me for more assistance and guidance along the way.

I was just wondering if anyone else in the uk has any experiences with RACWA in the uk? i understand the JAA integrated course in uk has not been around very long ...but Racwa has been around in perth australia for over 80years.

would be grateful for any useful information.

Deleterious
24th May 2010, 03:11
Hi aanthonisz,

I am considering applying the JAA integrated ATPL course in RACWA flying school in Jandakot. I don't have a great deal of information since I haven't begun my course however I completed my interview and selection entrance test from RACWA flying school a few days ago and I must say that the environment is most welcoming.

Deleterious
24th May 2010, 03:27
Hi everyone,

I have searched the forums to locate materials regarding JAA integrated ATPL in RACWA. Unfortunately the threads seem to be rather outdated. By now I believe there have been students that have already graduated from the course. How many hours and what ratings would you receive coming out of the course? Any information would be grateful.:)

p.s. My career objective as for many other wannabe:} hopes in joining a major airline like cathay pacific. Is a JAA license suitable or an Australian CASA license?. Im so confused with ICAO, JAA. Btw I am an Australian Citizen.

Deleterious
24th May 2010, 10:23
Hey Nic,

Do you mean that you will be doing the jaa integrated atpl in Perth?I also have done my assessment in racwa, in Perth.I will also be beginning training on august. I have a friend finishing his cpl there.From his perspective the atmosphere there is certainly most welcoming. If you coming over we might be in the sane group. Cheers

Nicko1986
24th May 2010, 17:18
Hi !!

I'm starting the jaa integrated course with racwa in the uk here in Bournemouth, however racwa send me down to Perth for 3 and half months for some of the ground school I believe.

I also found the racwa environment to be very friendly and welcoming I also like the fact that the course sizes are alot smaller than other courses as quoted by the website racwa only have 6-12 students per course! Which I think is great personally.

Deleterious
25th May 2010, 10:27
I didn't know the jaa integrated atpl is available conversely in the uk. The course in Perth brings you from 0 xp up to cpl with a frozen atpl with the remaining 6 weeks i think done in the UK. When is your training in perth ? 3 months?

Nicko1986
26th May 2010, 13:16
Hi,

Racwa have been doing jaa integrated in uk in bournemouth for few years now apparently if you go to racwaac.co.uk I think you have the choice to do it in aus or uk. But just the first part of course is in Perth and then return to uk to do ir, cpl and mcc etc ...

Deleterious
27th May 2010, 07:10
I will be starting on the 9th of August in Perth and will be finishing the final part of my training in uk. If they are sending you down you should be in the same group as me. You sure you will be down here for 3 months?

Nicko1986
27th May 2010, 08:53
Hey mate !
My mistake ! I will be on same course as you ! Jaa integrated atpl 52weeks and 12weeks uk doing ir/multi and mcc ! If your living in oz don't you need licence converted to casa to possibly get a job ? Or are you planning to go overseas ?

God knows how far in advance Racwa will fly
me out to Perth if we start 9aug ?

Deleterious
27th May 2010, 12:22
Yeah I thought so, it would didn't really correlate to me initially. Prior to this course I decided to apply for the CASA license but since my aim was to enter the airline industry in asia, the advice given was to do the JAA license. Other considerations include JAA being more internationally recognised. JAA apparently is also less fuss to convert to the CASA license if I happen to work in Au.

Apparently the course was meant initiate at the end of June but because other students hadn't had their visa's processed yet.

Nicko1986
27th May 2010, 22:34
Ok, that sounds like a sensible decision to make. I.e doing the jaa licence.
How many students do you think will be on the course in august ?
I will be going down to Racwa in bournemouth this Saturday to complete all the paper etc.

How are you managing to fund the course? If you don't mind me asking. My parents are being kind enough to support me through the course until I have the opportunity to pay them back.

Deleterious
28th May 2010, 04:38
Same here my father will be funding my training until I have the opportunity to pay him back. I am still deciding whether to do the jaa or the australian license. Its just that I wont be able to build my hrs in Australia (need Au license) or in Europe( need EU passport).

I don't think there will be more than 6 students. Apparently most of them are overseas like yourself=). Except me if I join.

Ollie88
28th May 2010, 06:33
Hey everyone! I have been contacting Western Australian Aviation College by email, still waiting for their response. Does anyone have any experience of the JAA integrated ATPL course in there? I have been thinking about applying but I dont know what I need for it. Do i need to pass the IELTS (international english language testing system) since Im not a native english speaking person, and ofcourse the medicals? Are there any aptitude tests or anykind of entrance tests whatsoever? Id be happy to hear any of your experiences or stories about this.

Deleterious
28th May 2010, 08:41
They will send you papers for the selection test. It test your english as well as general knowledge and basic mathematics. The start date is the 9th of August so if you want to apply make sure you don't be too late. You should contact the people directly preferably 10am-4pm GMT+8

btw Im doing the JAA course now after talking to the Chief Flying Instructor in RACWA, If you want to know why go to Dilemma in the AU/NZ section.=D

redsnail
28th May 2010, 09:26
Deleterious, before you spend a cent of your father's, rethink your choice. You do not need a JAA license in Asia.

Ollie88
28th May 2010, 10:40
Im not applying for anything in a while because I have to earn the money for the course and wait for my better half to graduate college so its gonna take 1 year 2 max before Im starting up anything. For now I just need to know everything I can about this course. I read an article in a Finnish flying magazine about a Finnish guy who was btw the first scandinavian to ever attend this course, got his ATPL from. He said the school had a very high quality in teaching theory and flight. This grabbed my attention and also according to the website this course seems to be well worth the value.

An ATPL here in Finland is EXTREMELY expensive (120 000 - 150 000Euro) and the duration is also 3 years. The idea of going abroad to study for an ATPL is very enticing and is my primary goal for which I will strive very hard. So please tell me everything you know about this course and the school and their policies. Any info will be appretiated :)

And Deleterious, the jetlag between Finland and Australia being on the opposite side of the planet is pretty big so Im going to wait for an Email response for now :D Please do tell of your experiences with them so far! Are the selection tests hard and stuff?

Deleterious
29th May 2010, 05:37
redsnail,

Yeah I will be doing the Australian License now. That post was prior to the other thread=D

Nicko1986
29th May 2010, 12:20
Deleterious,

what date will you start now if your doing the casa licence ? i should be in perth 2 days before the course start date. I was also told by the time i start in august they will have the new aircrafts arriving (diamond da20/40 aircraft)

anyone else starting on 9aug on jaa integrated frozen atpl ?

diggafile
3rd Jun 2010, 20:28
What experience do you have?

Nicko1986
12th Jun 2010, 12:08
Hi
is there anyone starting on the jaa integrated atpl course starting on the 9th august like i. Would be nice to hear from anyone who Is also on the course or anyone currently training on the same course.

robbief51
18th Aug 2010, 13:57
I am currently studying for my atpls, when they are finished next year i will be looking to travel to oz to complete my jaa flight training is this cheaper and what schools would suit?