PDA

View Full Version : Guys, some help is needed

NutLoose
6th May 2010, 20:53
http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/414397-maintenance-d-reg-outside-germany.html

Maintenance of a D-reg outside Germany
I am a new owner of a 2006 Cessna 172SP. The time I will need to do some maintenance is coming. I did some research about maintenance under Part-M on this forum and have seen the Part-M document itself, but did not understand it in its complexity.

The plane is on German register, the last airworthiness renewal was done at the end of last year. The plane is based outside of Germany. Shortly I will need to do the oil change, and the shimmy dumper is weak too.

If I understand it good enough, I can have the work done by some repair shop in EU, authorised to work on C172 by local authority. They will supply certified parts (shimmy dumper from Lord for example, filters...) and make the remarks in the log.

Once a year I need to go to Germany to do the airworthiness renewal by some CAMO+ or LBA.

Is this correct for uncontrolled environment? Or do I need to go to a German repair shop for every minor work?

Is this money-wise a good solution or there are better options? I do not consider the labour price difference in Germany/outside, just plain distance (more than 3 hours flight).

What if the former owner had it in controlled environment? I do not need it.

Thank you for your comments.

Miroc

Not sure, can anyone else help?

Rigga
6th May 2010, 22:26
In my view...

1. You should Contact the LBA and tell them what you're doing.

2. You are the Aircraft Owner/Operator and CAM Manager and you can choose where your aircraft is maintained.

3. An EASA Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation is approved for aircraft throughout EASA, so you should be able to use any appropriately approved Part 145 organisation? - Ask the LBA to confirm.

4. The use of a EASA Part 145 Organisation with the EASA Zone should not be classed as an "Uncontrolled Environment".

5. Sourcing spares from EASA Approved (or otherwise accepted) organisations is not an "Uncontrolled Environment" as long as the items have the correct history, documents and/or data.

6. Technically speaking, a UK-based contracted subpart F CAMO MAY be able to act as your CAMO and recommend your ARC to the LBA. Ask the LBA.

Hope this helps
Rigga