View Full Version : New EVA AIR exodus!

Agent Mulder
6th May 2010, 15:43
they must be shaking on the ninth floor.now the locals are leaving, the cadets are even pulling the pin on the 12 million NT$ Bond........17 Eva Pilots have joined Vietnam Airlines in the past 4 months. 5 to qatar and 6 to Emirates. plus more.
Now less than 100 expats in the green prison:D

hsuman
6th May 2010, 16:31
12 million dollar NT$ bond? That's huge.. If the cadets have a bond, and they leave, are they planning never to come back to Taiwan again??

armchairpilot94116
6th May 2010, 19:31
Wasn't there a saying? Some other airlines can expand only as fast as EVA trains their pilots for them?

EL CAPITAN
7th May 2010, 09:35
IT GOES DOWN TO MONEY, EVA DOES NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WANTS TO RAISE THE SALARY, DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT IT MUST BE WORKING FOR THEM, THEY GET RID OF EXPENSIVE PILOTS THAT LEAVE AND GUESS WHAT ? THE NEW ONES ARE PAID EVEN LESS, I WAS TOLD THAT THE LATEST GROUP OF CADETS DON'T EVEN HAVE A GUARANTEED MONTHLY FLYING HOURS. SO PEOPLE COME TAKE THE RATING BUILD UP TIME AND GO, THIS USED TO BE DONE ONLY BY THE EXPATS BUT NOW THE LOCALS ARE DOING IT AS WELL, SO INTERESTING TIMES AHEAD FOR THE PEOPLE ON THE 9TH, MY GUESS IS THEY WILL GET EXPAT FOs. WHO SOMEHOW ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE THESE WILL FLY 3 YEARS AND LEAVE STARTING THE CYCLE ALL OVER AGAIN.......TAKE CARE....THE CAPT:ok:

armchairpilot94116
7th May 2010, 18:29
If it works for them and theres no shortage of young FO willing to do anything to get into the right seat, theres no reason to fear. They could be renamed the EVA Air Widebody Training Academy. And those who go in should know they have 3 years to get the rating, build up hours and get out of town.

misu11
8th May 2010, 02:55
One of my friend is local taiwanese with taiwanese license and B777 P2 rating only. He wanna quit due as exhausted with some issues of eva. Since Taiwanese CAA licence is not recognized by ICAO, my friend heard from rumor that the licence can be converted with FAA, but is it true to convert the B777 rating as well. Please any advise any method to getting ICAO license and rating.

EL CAPITAN
9th May 2010, 14:08
Tell your friend (or is it you) to try Korean, they ( I think ) might accept the Taiwan License which in my opinion is as good as any license, it's just the politics that are in the way, Take care:ok: The Capt.....

NG_Kaptain
9th May 2010, 21:07
Etihad has hired a number of Taiwanese pilots recently. Plus some Asiana and Korean pilots both expat and locals.

tie domi
10th May 2010, 10:11
EVA is a well run professional operation.Only one big problem NO MONEY,and the housing is terrible.
Good training and interesting routes,the Taiwanese are ok.Taiwan is what you make it.I enjoyed my years there.As most first generation airlines start with ex-pats then the locals are trained and then it,s all thiers nothing new in this its just natural progession.
The pay will drive out and demoralize the remaining crews.
Good luck as it,s all saving face for the managment who live in constant fear of cost increases.They get thiers the crews get nothing just reduced days off.

Flying Mechanic
11th May 2010, 18:49
looks like they found a way to stem the Exodus.......