PDA

View Full Version : CTC assesment

hannahjane
4th May 2010, 15:04
Hi guys!

Ive got an assesment with CTC for the cadet programme on the 18th of this month. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect, and what to study before hand? Any info is welcome!

Thanks,
Hannah,x:ok:

iFabio2
4th May 2010, 15:52
before someone shoots you down :) , you should go looking for the old threads, there a couple with zillion pages about it

fabio

hannahjane
4th May 2010, 15:53
Hi Fabio,

Yeah ive just been having a little browse after i posted that....just ordered a couple of recommended reads aswell..so hopefully they will help!

Hannah..x

on the brakes
5th May 2010, 09:31
Hai Hannah ,

i'm also interested in the CTC screening . Can u keep me posted after the 18th ? All the luck !!!

Gr

Dangerman12
14th May 2010, 21:14
Hey hannah,

I recently did an assessment for the CTC Wings ATP programme which I'm sure can't be to different to the structure for the cadet one. I used one book that was literally gold dust when it came to the assessment. If you prepare by reading 'Get a head for the sky' you will breeze through the selection! You can just buy it from amazon.

Almost everything that it told me to prepare for came up, including every single question in the interview, word for word. Also I was the only one that got offered a place out of 8 people. Hope it brings success to you to!! ;)

Dangerman

Rj111
17th May 2010, 11:23
Do people still actually want to join that scheme?

maverick_supersonic
20th May 2010, 21:23
why? whats wrong with it?

ElitePilot
21st May 2010, 01:08
Out of interest where are they sending people now or is it just to the hold pool?
Surely EZ demand isnt huge atm?

Rj111
21st May 2010, 09:29
why? whats wrong with it?
60+ grand to sit in a holdpool or get a P2F job is not my idea of money well spent.

Polorutz
21st May 2010, 11:33
Do you have any idea of what you're talking about? CTC does not operate a P2F scheme so stop saying things without knowing first hand.

Yes, there is a hold pool but it moves every year, you then contribute with less than a third of the cost of your TR and then go into easyJet as flexicrew, you do however GET PAID FROM THE FIRST DAY YOU FLY FOR THEM.

Get your facts right.

-P

60+ grand to sit in a holdpool or get a P2F job is not my idea of money well spent.

Zippy Monster
21st May 2010, 11:40
Define what you understand by "P2F job" for us, RJ111, and how you associate it with the CTC programme.

Some of us might be able to put you right so you're able to contribute useful comment rather than ill-informed nonsense.

waco
21st May 2010, 12:51
Have you got loads of money............

You have...........thats ok then your in............

Polorutz
21st May 2010, 14:50
Also a load of :mad:, I failed the first time I tried to get into CTC, had to wait 6 months to reapply, I got a PPL in the meantime and studied CRM to pass the interview. Getting into the Cadet scheme is not easy.

-P

Have you got loads of money............

You have...........thats ok then your in............

Burger81
21st May 2010, 15:17
Of course they let you in Polorutz once you had a PPL..... you still pay them the £60k + but need less training, so they make more profit out of you!!!

I have also been informed by an inside source that Ezy have done the last Type Rating course this year for CTC/Flexi Crew!! Surely that means the hold pool will only grow by the month!

ppiilloott
21st May 2010, 15:43
Any one been recently to the assessment know if they are still using the tests from the 90's for the selection?

Polorutz
23rd May 2010, 21:57
Actually I got some hours cut from the course due to the fact I had a PPL and they reimbursed me the equivalent amount when I was in New Zealand. I did most of the training as they didn't think me having a PPL was enough for them to skip the basic training.

My whole point was that I would have been willing to pay them from the start to take me in, I had the money to go in yet I had to go and prove I could change my profile to fit what they were looking for. When I got in I got the unsecured loan with HSBC which was also why I didn't go for any other FTO

I was on the second to last TR course so far and there was another one after us, I am not aware of a new one coming in after that but yeah. The hold pool may grow steadily. I waited a full year from AQC till they gave me the call yet I see no other FTO who will even do the slightest thing for you.

I have friends from FTE and Oxford who while very happy with the training they got they feel abandoned after graduating and being thrown out with no leads to try.

CTC is not the perfect FTO but it will do what it says on the tin, it's up to you to decide to give it a shot or not. I tried for a whole year to get a flying job, I got nowhere, I tried calling to see if there were any FI vacancies, no luck. So getting the call to be in Flexicrew for me was the only option and I don't regret it for a second.

Of course they let you in Polorutz once you had a PPL..... you still pay them the £60k + but need less training, so they make more profit out of you!!!

I have also been informed by an inside source that Ezy have done the last Type Rating course this year for CTC/Flexi Crew!! Surely that means the hold pool will only grow by the month!