PDA

View Full Version : Freelance Rates...

lepremier
3rd May 2010, 21:42
I am just about to hit the magic "62 sell by date" and the company that I am with has to revert me to a freelance contract. Would any one be able to advise me of the current, XLS ( or equivalent) commander rates. Thanks.......

BigNumber
4th May 2010, 10:48
Our outfit uses free-lance ( I'm one of them )

Euros is about E 400 - per day + 40 ish per diem.

Pilot Positive
4th May 2010, 11:40
BigNumber,

Is that figure experience dependant? i.e. does it vary with the number of hours a commander has on that type? How do FO rates compare?

Also: How does it work with your outfit when having to do your OPC/LPC/SEP safety recurrency?

:ok:

PP

Trim Stab
4th May 2010, 15:21
You can get up to €500 per day for XLS captain.

How do FO rates compare?

Badly is the short answer. I know of copilots on C525 working for free, others for €150 per day, hoping to get a better position once they have more experience. XLS not much better.

KirkyMS
4th May 2010, 15:39
Due to a Hawker 800 rated Co-Pilot shortage i was offered to do extra F/O Work for 300€/Day this May (Russia).
Don´t know Cpt Salary for Freelancers sorry

BigNumber
4th May 2010, 16:18
Yep; C525 rates have been taking a hammering.

75 Euro's per day + per diem. Thats if anything at all!!

(Present P1 Rate on C525 has been reduced to 200-250 Euro's per day.)

lepremier
4th May 2010, 19:20
Our outfit uses free-lance ( I'm one of them )

Euros is about E 400 - per day + 40 ish per diem.

Are you guaranteed a fixed number of days per month and paid for these regardless, or only paid for the actual number of days that you work....
Thanks guys for the info....there seems to be quite a difference of figures out there...supply and demand and location. One other question, generally how does it work with insurance and state pension, is this solely up to the freelancer and understood to be included in the daily rate or company paid....?

4th May 2010, 22:12
I charge £400 per day + exp / per diem and usual hotac, for 550 and 560xl.
Don't let yourself go for less, it takes seconds to put the rates down, and years to get them up again.

good luck.

Gear Monkey
4th May 2010, 22:18
The 525 has always paid poorly. Perhaps because there's so many around that every man and his dog has a rating, perhaps because outside of AOC ops the dog doesn't even need one.

The 560XL is a different park. I'd say £450 per day Capt, £300 FO. +/- 10%

roljoe
5th May 2010, 08:57
Hi, doing this bizness for about 16 years for several operators, all depends upon the "convention" you did with the other party.

Now I have a 10 days period paid whatever the actual number wll be, and yearly we get a conpensation for the extra...

About insurance, normally the operator will not intervene in this kind of expenses as long as this is not a employe contract for wich he has the obligation to do so..but not with a freelance.. this remains your bizness to set up and organise social secutity, retiring etc...

Hope this help you