PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Relief Pilots

The Mixmaster
3rd May 2010, 12:57
Just doing a bit of research into Cruise Relief Pilots/Second Officers among long haul freighter operators in Europe. The only one I know of is TNT on their 744 fleet. Does anyone know of any other cargo operators to utilise them? Any idea on pay, roster, t's and c's etc??

Many thanks in advance:ok:

despegue
3rd May 2010, 13:07
There is only one Cruise-relief pilot working on the B744 fleet of TNT...

The Mixmaster
3rd May 2010, 13:40
Despegue..ah ok...have other cruise reliefs been since promoted to FO positions?

. Do you know how many cruise relief pilots were recruited in 2008 and what their starting t's and c's were? Many thanks:ok:

nitty-gritty
3rd May 2010, 15:32
I think GSS does. Something like STN to HKG. Not sure if they are still doing STN, but it starts out of the UK.

Mr Angry from Purley
3rd May 2010, 17:43
Mix Master

No cruise pilots in the UK.
Aerologic use heavy crews, normally 2 Cpt 1 F/O.
DHK use the standard 3rd Pilot to get round the factorisation issue but they only sit there, no duties... :\

744drv
3rd May 2010, 18:26
Cathay Freighters use cruise relief. OK accept not strictly 'europe', but crews are europe based operating in/out of europe. Generally 1 capt plus 2 FO mostly on trips from India into europe. FOs and sometime capts do these duties as part of a normal roster .... ie no specifically recruited / designated relief guys.

tom744
6th May 2010, 11:25
Hi Mixmaster,

you might have a lool at ACG in Hahn/Germany,
www.acg.aero (http://www.acg.aero)
As far as I know they are desperate for F/O's,I have seen them on the ramp in PVG recently.
They operated with 2 captains since they don't have enough F/O's.
Hahn airport is very remote but on the other hand it"s Ryanair's biggest hub in Germany, so there are lots of flights going to UK every day, and living is cheap.

Regards,
Tom744

buduci kolega
6th May 2010, 16:23
Tom744, do you have any idea about application contact withing ACG?
On their site says only that they require captains and f/os.
No details specified, or at least I couldn't find them.

Thanks

BK

SloppyJoe
6th May 2010, 16:54
In Cathay cruise relief, second officers are not based in Europe. Maybe for two months if they get a temp base but the permanent home is Hong Kong for these guys. I know that FOs do the job of cruise relief but they are also FOs and get scheduled to do the FO bit also on flights. I think the original poster wanted to know about dedicated cruise relief such as SOs with Cathay who never operate as an FO. SOs do operate the freighters in CX but it is usually only due to roster disruptions of some sort and not the norm but does happen.