PDA

View Full Version : Flight Planning.

stokieboy
2nd May 2010, 18:56
Guys/ Gals,

I'm after a bit of a pointer. I'm trying to find a system that allows me to file flight plans out of the Eurocontrol zone. We normally use AFPEX but here in the Mid East, that clearly won't work. I have flightplans that follow the correct routes and are correctly addressed. We use Flite Star/ Jetplan lite but with no autofile system. The "airport" I'm at has no means of filing or forwarding plans.

Any ideas?!!

regards,

SB

dc9-32
3rd May 2010, 11:50
Afpex will work world-wide. So long as you have the correct AFTN address, it will work.

PM me if you require assistance.

stokieboy
5th May 2010, 18:25
Apologies for late reply/ thanks!

I, prehaps wrongly, assumed that AFPEX would forward to CFMU/ IFPS which would reject the flightplan as out of it's area? If I accepted this but added the correct addresses for Mid East ops, would it still forward the flightplan to the correct poeple? For example, I need to file OKBK to OOMS. If I add the addresses manualy, would those that need to know, recieve the flightplan?

Apologies for appaling English. Tis long days in Afganistan!

Thanks,

SB

VP8
6th May 2010, 10:35
S.B.

Are you using a UK AFTN ORIGINATOR??

If you have correct AFTN addresses AFPEX will deliver to them to anywhere in the world:ok:

Brgds
VEEPS

stokieboy
6th May 2010, 19:20
Veeps,

We have a UK AFTN addy. Inshalla, all will be ok. Anyway, I'll press to test tommorow and let you know how it goes!

Thanks all, for your help.

plans123
8th May 2010, 18:36
Flippin hell mate - you should have known that! All that lounging around in the sun must have addled your brain in your old age :ok: :}

stokieboy
10th May 2010, 09:00
You're right of course, I should!

To much sun
To much pay
Not enough booze
Not enough working with seedy and deviant individuals!

It worked, all baring the standard rejection out of AKT.

Cheers all.