View Full Version : Expert Advice...

aviator1989
1st May 2010, 17:26
Hey guys...
Converted my FAA CPL to Indian one less than a month ago...
and i seriously have no idea what to do next...:confused:
Instructor Rating ?? from where n any school offering a job after completion ?(most prob. not)
type rating ?? A320 seems popular but no point in spending such a huge amount
without any assurance ..... specially when cpl training has already burned a huge hole in the pocket :}

Waiting for your expert advice....
meanwhile keeping in touch with ground studies is a good idea :ok:

P.S i checked the forum for any such thread without any success... if therez any please guide

thornycactus
1st May 2010, 19:27
At this time in India, there are tons of jobless (low-time/non-rated) pilots lying around. India's aviation market (for low time/non-rated pilots) will remain saturate for time being. This situation is going to be in the next 3-5 years.

Instructor Rating? - You must be joking! Believe me or not, at this time, there are only a few students in flying school (in India). The aviation market for flying school is really bad! People have cut down on flying. :bored:

Type Rating? - I am sorry, this might not work! :=

aviator1989
2nd May 2010, 17:31
True..... thats why my options(if there are any!) are open for any other country as well....
and also working on getting safety pilot hours with students in exchange for some ground studies :E

aviator1989
7th May 2010, 08:39
And does anyone know about any graduation program through correspondence related to aviation (not management).....
pref. Bsc in aviation
i called a college in mumbai regarding this they say you can do Bsc in avation from correspondence only if you are employed n flying(on indian cpl)....:ugh:

Thakur College of Engineering and Technology used to do this but now they allow only Full time...:{

speedbird787
7th May 2010, 08:54
well dude.........ur case seems to be the same as tons of cpl holders like me and u sitting at home jobless ..........i have been sitting jobless for the last 1 year and that too even after passing all the Indian dgca ATPL papers as well......... don't worry too much....and take life easy..good times will come and its only a matter of patience.......just keep trying at every little importunity and be in touch with ur subjects and soon something might just come your way.........and believe me thers not much u can do...nor can i.........besides trying and waiting

and as far as i can make out....u r just 20 yrs old .u can afford to wait ....just try out any correspondence course or any full time course from any university...make sure its a science degree.........like BSc mathematics, or physics.......

all the best and happy landings

aviator1989
14th May 2010, 10:29
hey speedbird good to hear frm you..... you mentioned abt atpl papers
so what is the minimum requirement to give atpl exams here....
meanwhile i was thinking about working on the new English proficiency test.... where can i give that ??

and i heard from a source about 120 air india vacancies (sm for trainee pilot) coming end of june :}
dont knw to what extent it is true