PDA

View Full Version : Lion air/Rishworth

Jet Man
1st May 2010, 05:14
Just received the below from Rishworth - I must be on their email list from a pat life and am not interested btu someone maybe. Have no idea about terms and conditions. I guess this it's on their website?

Dear Captains

We may have been in contact within the last month or two regarding a new B737-6/7/8 Line Training Captain position for Lion Air in Indonesia.

We are now pleased to advise that there have been some changes to the Terms and Conditions, and as such, I have attached the updated information for your perusal.

Pilots must meet the following criteria before their application can be considered:

o 5,000+ hours total time

o minimum of 500 hours logged as a Line Training Captain on the B737-6/7/8

o Qualified and validated by home country Aviation Authority to perform and act as a Line Training Captain on the B737-NG

o International flight experience preferred

o Under 62 years of age

o Date of last flight on type within the last 12 months

o and SIM check within the last 6 months on the B737-6/7/9

If you meet the criteria above and this assignment is of interest to you, please send me an email along with the following items:

· CV/resume

· Completed application form (attached)

· Completed candidate questionnaire (attached).

During the course of the application process and before you can attend the selection process in Jakarta, you will also need to provide:

· ICAO Licence

· Medical certificate

· Passport

· Last 3 months of your logbook

· R/T licence

· No incident/accident certificate

· Last SIM/PPC check ride report

· Letter from last employer confirming employment

· Letters of recommendation/reference

· Completed candidate questionnaire (attached).

Aerozepplin
1st May 2010, 05:18
What the hell is a "No incident/accident certificate"?
Are such requirements common?

PLovett
1st May 2010, 06:17
What the hell is a "No incident/accident certificate"?

According to some other aviation forum sites, very common in Asia. You must have an absolutely clean sheet. It doesn't matter if an incident, accident was totally not your fault, it will disqualify you from employment.

As an example, I suggest you look at some of the various forums on Peter Burkill and his attempts at getting employment with an Asian airline.

smiling monkey
1st May 2010, 06:26

Quite often in Asia, when you complete a contract with your employer, they will issue you with a safety certificate or letter, saying you've had no accidents or incidents with them.

hardNfast
1st May 2010, 06:41
Looks like I wont make the grade.

Damn bird strikes!

Should be more careful!

Aerozepplin
1st May 2010, 07:02
Madness. Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread. I'm just surprised that the regulators would allow such things considering the emphasis and reliance on voluntary reporting.

Silver Spur
8th May 2010, 04:09
As strange as it sounds, bird strike isnt considered 'incident' by Indonesian Authority, and wont disqualify anyone from getting employment.
I applied to 2 asian carriers, and both of them require me to have No Accident and Incident certificate, so Indonesia isnt the only country that requires it.
I rang up 131757 to ask what that was, and the lady on the phone basically said WTF is that?

ss

40Deg STH
8th May 2010, 06:42
For future employers, the Hong Kong CAD will issue you one on request and its standard in many parts of the world. Bird strikes are excempt!!
Aerozepplin, its a regulator requirement,