PDA

View Full Version : Best Days for MAN AVP Viewing

donnlass
30th Apr 2010, 13:18
Hi all.

We have a week spare for some serious plane viewing and were wondering what days during the week are best for spotting. Thursday is a pretty dead day but does anyone know a day when there are plenty of aircraft movements?

Trying to avoid the weekend as it gets too busy.

Cheers

learjet50
30th Apr 2010, 18:00
Kevlacarl

Re your Post

Leave the guy alone please

If he chooses to go to the Airport Everday let him

Its better than reading Posts by Boaring Bastards like you who have nothing better to do than mock people who enjoy going to see A/C

Go Spot your Greenline Buses or Whatever they are nowadays and leave the spotters to do what they enjoy.

As he stated he has a week off so at least hes working ARE U ? or just posting silly comments

WaXXker

pwalhx
30th Apr 2010, 18:12
No he is just one of those people who posts to cause a reaction

clareview
30th Apr 2010, 18:45
Here here. Many spotters, me included, like the idea of collecting the registrations of whole fleets, or in the case of long haul airlines, all their planes that visit the UK. To do this we are very happy to spend time at places like Manchester "fleeting out" airlines such as Easyjet or the long haul fleets of PIA or Delta. In the same way, some spotters are only interested in commercial aircraft, others light aircraft and others in military planes.

Just because this type of spotting doeas not appeal to other spotters, it is no reason to be so critical of those to whom it does appeal - there is no right or wrong in plane spotting, its whatever tickles each spotters fancy

Old Photo.Fanatic
30th Apr 2010, 18:53
Are you aware that the word "Surely" you use twice in your post is aggresive in nature ?

Many moons ago I did a professional management course on Assertiveness.

One key central theme was allowing that others have their rights to do as they wish as long as it does no harm to anybody.

From another theme on "Aggression" I always remembered the point that the word "Surely" is aggresive in nature, as it assumes a sense of superiority over a third party.
In that, you belittle someone for not holding the same view(s) as yourself.

I suggest a little soul searching on your part may help to modify your stance on other peoples pastimes.

I wonder if you have any pastimes/hobbies, how would you feel if someone
derided you for following them.
If you havn't any then I say get a life and leave others to enjoy theirs.

OPF

donnlass
30th Apr 2010, 19:26
Thank you all for your support, you kindness is much appreciated. The brotherhood of Aviation Enthusiasts is a loyal one.:ok::ok::D

Kevlarcarl dont worry we wont be there all week maybe a day or two. We have lots of other activities planned, walking, enjoying ancient monuments etc.

Hope your week is enjoyable and relaxed.

Take care all and thanks again

See ya at MAN lol

Mr Angry from Purley
30th Apr 2010, 20:38
Kevlarcarl says he's a dispatcher and his interests are aviation?, gliding and bikes. Wonder if he's got rid of the stabilsers yet....
Maybe he's a jobsworth with nothing better to do :mad:

learjet50
30th Apr 2010, 21:43
Donlass

Now the idiot has gone.

Friday always used to be the busiest day as far as Total movements was concerned and there always seem to be a good variety of Airlines/Aircraft during the day. I dont know if thats still the case as I have been out of the loop for the past 2-3 years.

Have a nice week off.

donnlass
1st May 2010, 08:29
Thanks learjet, will look at Friday and see if we will go then.

Happy spotting yourself.

God Bless

Ian Brooks
1st May 2010, 08:47
If you are in the area get a copy of flightcheck which can be bought from the Aviation shop in T1 arrivals or the viewing park or email TAS on [email protected]
to ask for further details of how to order one
Also forgot their website gives you plenty of info on whats going on

Ian

smudgethecat
1st May 2010, 15:19
Not a spotter donlass so cannot comment, but your certainly in a great place for walking, peak district on your doorstep and snowdonia and the lakes well within reach, in fact you could combine the two both the lakes and snowdonia are used for low level training, its quite entertaining to be sat up on a ridge watching the tornados hurtle by at serious speed just below you , enjoy your week off

mrtickle
4th May 2010, 07:26
Just spoke to a friend of mine who told me that the airport viewing park has put up its 'parking' charges to the tune of £3 / hour / part hour + entrance fee.

Is this correct ? surely not ?

Evanelpus
4th May 2010, 10:45
Read somewhere else ages ago it had happened.

Best bet is find a side street and catch the bus in, unless you have endless amounts of cash. Robbin' northern bar stewards!

kevlarcarl
4th May 2010, 15:08
look upon it as sad anorak tax:)

Egerton Flyer
4th May 2010, 15:32
Mr T.
The charges have increased to £3 an hour per car maximum £12.
That is unless you have a Multi-Entry ticket, which at the moment works out at £1 per entry, this is also about to change to a plastic card with a photo and you will have to pay for the plastic card. ( I have heard £20):hmm:
The biggest problem is getting out, it's taking 30 minutes at peak times:eek:

E.F.

Evanelpus
4th May 2010, 15:35
That is unless you have a Multi-Entry ticket, which at the moment works out at £1 per entry, this is also about to change to a plastic card with a photo and you will have to pay for the plastic card. ( I have heard £20)

Like I said, robbin' northern barstewards.

clareview
4th May 2010, 19:19
Each to their own

air pig
4th May 2010, 20:30
Try the pub at the opposite end but the views are restricted, otherwise if you have time and inclination try RAF Conningsby in Licolnshire and see both old and new fast and slow at the same place.

Regards

Air pig

learjet50
4th May 2010, 21:36
Kevlarcarl

Your lucky its not SAD BASTARDS Tax as you would surely owe a fortune in Back Tax

As stated before you are not a spotter so why do go on this forum ?

If people want to spot A/C so what let them do they do you any harm ?

I m sure many would if they met you down a dark Alley.

Go away and find something else to do Like a 1000 piece Jigsaw puzzle.

A previous post said you are an Aircaft Dispatcher who for Airfix of Corgi Toys.

If you gave me a load sheet I would have serious doubts about its contents as you appear to be a complete Idiot

SAD SAD Bastard

========

I thought this idiot had been banned obviously not for long enough

donnlass
7th May 2010, 17:29
Hi learjet50.

Thanks again for your support and advice.

We did go today and it ws very busy. Lots of A319's and Monarch Boeing ordinary 757 which is unusual.

And an unusual prop plane which might be on TAS so I can ID it:ok:.

Overall very good day, thanks again.

kevlarcarl
7th May 2010, 17:49
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... think id rather watch paint dry :ok:

wanna_be_there
7th May 2010, 20:27
Ok, AVP days. It depends on what you want to see:

Daily:

2x AA B757 from ORD and JFK (from June 16th)
Delta B763 from ATL and B757 JFK
US airways A333 from PHL
2x Continental B757 from EWR
1x Qatar A333 (time in varies from day to day)
1x EY A332 (until June 7th) then B773 daily
2x EK B773 (or if you wait until sept 1st EK18/19 will be A388)
1/2x VS B744 to Orlando/Bridgetown (2011 will also see LAS, A330's and A343's)
multiple PIA B772/B773 or if your lucky, a B743 occasionaly visits
Multiple Ryanair, Easyjets, Monarchs, Thomsons etc etc etc

Daily excluding Tue/Thu

Singapore airlines B773

Tuesdays

Koral Blue A319/A320

Thu/sun evenings

Lufthansa Cargo MD11 from DFW (thu) and JFK (sun)

Ones I cant remember days for

Air blue (Pakistan) A319/A320/A321 in the evenings
Pegasus/turkuaz, saga, correndon, travel service all on turkish flights
AD-HOC Air livery movements, ranging from VC-10's to Iberia A340's (keep an eye out for heads ups)
Libyan Arab A320/CRJ-900

Best times to visit:

07:00-11:00 for the Transatlantics and one odd days, EY/QR
11:00-15:00 for EK and QR/EY (especially when the A388 kicks in)
18:00-21:00 for Pakistan flights, second EK and also seems to be the usual times to see air livery's new paint jobs rolled out.

Rest of the day is your usual cityjets, BA's, charters and LO-CO's

If you want any more specific help, message me. But for now, hope this helps

pwalhx
7th May 2010, 20:55
Kevkarl

No need to watch paint dry just read yr own posts

jackieofalltrades
7th May 2010, 22:04
========

I thought this idiot had been banned obviously not for long enough

If he hasn't he obviously deserves to be. What a waste of space.

clareview
8th May 2010, 09:48
Kevlarcarl

Just painting my fence. You are welcome to come and watch the paint dry particularly if it keeps you away from criticising entuusiasts

anthonyw
8th May 2010, 10:30
Thu/sun evenings

Lufthansa Cargo MD11 from DFW (thu) and JFK (sun)

I've never seen this bird fly over, what time does it usually arrive on a sunday anybody?

donnlass
8th May 2010, 17:48
Kevlarcarl

I bet any aircraft you despatch leaves ahead of schedule as they're desperate to get away from your depressing mug.:(:(

Bet there's many an aircraft fan who would love your job.

simonchowder
8th May 2010, 18:15
Why not give it a go them donlass? fancy working days /nights bank holidays /weekends for a pittance ? those "aircraft fans "might have a serious wake call if they tried it, im afraid the average spotter hasnt a clue about the realities of working in the industry

donnlass
8th May 2010, 18:25
I would love to if I could trust my maths. Certainly would like a ramp agents job.:ok:

simonchowder
8th May 2010, 18:35
So whats stopping you??????

donnlass
9th May 2010, 18:03
I did apply but no luck so far. Will keep trying :ok:

pwalhx
9th May 2010, 19:20
kevkarl goes quiet simonchowder pops up, quelle surprise