PDA

View Full Version : Ebace 2010 and pilots job

samca
30th Apr 2010, 09:10
On next tuesday I´m going to Ebace for the first time, I´m working currently flying a Citation 550 for the last 4 years but I´m afraid that the aircraft is going to be sold very soon. I would like to know any info about posible operators that accept CVs from pilots or recommendation of how can a pilot move there when is looking for a new employ and if you think that is useful or not?

thanks in advance.:ok:

FlyTCI
1st May 2010, 09:00
I have no experience with EBACE but last November I went to the airshow in Dubai, partially in search for a new job. I looked up the companies that were attending and made a specific resume for each company where I believed I stood a chance of getting hired. I also brought a stack of generic resumes just in case. Dress nicely, I wore a suit but no tie (too hot), and be on your best behavior.

Good luck, it can be a great networking opportunity :ok:.

jetopa
1st May 2010, 10:37
More than 18 years ago I did about the same and when EBACE came to Munich in about 1995 (I guess), I met a lot of people and created valuable contacts. Don't let people tell you what will work and what won't - nothing will happen when you stay home and pick your nose. Good luck!

samca
1st May 2010, 18:57
Thank you all but I need to know if it is useful becouse my economy is poor and I´m going to spend money in this thing and I´m not sure if I´m going to get something.

FlyTCI
1st May 2010, 19:58
Samca, you won't know if it was worth it or not until you come home. You may have ten offers, or you may zero offers. You will have to make the decision that fits you best, no one can tell you for sure if it will be worth it.

If you haven't already looked at hotels in the area, do know that if you want to live close to the "fair grounds" it will cost you a pretty penny. If you can find a nearby hotel this close to the start of the it that is.

silverware
1st May 2010, 20:06
Samca, just fly in early and out late on the same day with a low cost carrier if you can.
You'll save on transportation and hotac but still will be able to meet and greet plenty of potential new employers.

Good luck!

Uncle Wiggily
2nd May 2010, 07:30
I appreciate the proactive attitude. However, there are certain considerations that need to be addressed.

1. How will you get in the door? Do you have a vendor pass?
2. How will you bypass the EBACE rules concerning solicitation? If vendors are not allowed to actively hand out business cards and company literature outside their respective booth, will it not be the same for a person soliciting a job?

EBACE is not a career fair and there have been rules incorporated to make sure it does not turn into a job fair.

Hopefully, I am wrong. But, walking around handing out CVs, may attract negative and unwanted attention. There is a time and place to show your willingness to "go the extra mile." This may not be the venue to exhibit your proactive attitude.

Regardless, good luck in the job quest!

samca
2nd May 2010, 08:16
thank you for the answers, well I have pass for Ebace that is not a problem and also can sleep in a friend house near(less than 1 hr) but I´m asking myself what the people going to think and if really going to get something.

212man
2nd May 2010, 08:40
More than 18 years ago I did about the same and when EBACE came to Munich in about 1995 (I guess)

Either your guesswork or your arithmatic need recalibrating....:ok:

silverware
2nd May 2010, 11:48
@ Uncle Wiggily,

EBACE clearly is not a job fair but is still pretty good for networking both ways.
I doubt there is a "non-soliciting Gestapo" going around the grounds checking on people who might be exchanging business cards....if so i will be in trouble aswell!
See you all at the PPRuNe pavillion next week for cocktails and canapés!:ok:

INNflight
2nd May 2010, 12:30
It's just really about dedication. Even if you don't hand out a pile of CVs (yes, I've just printed a batch myself :\, just in case), all the talking at the booths or over some food / drinks will pay off sooner or later.

I don't mind spending a couple of hundreds on EBACE if it may result in a job sometime down the road.

Now....anyone want my CV before they're all taken?? :D

locust
2nd May 2010, 18:03
The only thing you will achieve is to have people make joke's with your name on top of this they will make jokes for all pilots. Don't forget, you are entering a dangerous zone there.

flyhelico
3rd May 2010, 03:57
give your CV with a cheque, and tell them you are just looking to log hours and you have some other friends ready to pay as well... maybe they will look at your CV instead to toss it in the bin!

this is how this business work.This industry is run by crazy amators who think flying is fun!.

if you want a job you have to pay for it...:ugh:
if you just come with your CV, they will say" another desperate pilot, why should we give him a job to have fun on one of our jets???"

samca
3rd May 2010, 08:24
I´m sad to hear that and I have decided not to go, and wait let see what happend but can not expend my money and loss my proud in Ebace.

thanks for the answers has been very useful for makiing my decition.

toga-trust
3rd May 2010, 19:37
Hola estebanito !!!!!:}