PDA

View Full Version : Aer Arann visit PTC - Some positive news

JohnDCFC
30th Apr 2010, 08:10
Hi folks...just thought I would share this on here...:ok:

I dont post on here too regularly but I do browse from time to time.

Anyway, on Wednesday last Captain Mark Alder, who is both Flight Ops manager and Chief Pilot at Aer Arann, came into PTC to give us graduates a talk.

To be honest, he didn't tell us things we didn't already know about either Aer Arann or the industry in general. That said, he did have some positive news regarding the future plans at the airline.

One of the most interesting points he mentioned was the fact that they would be looking to get another aircraft this year which would require about 8-10 F/O's to fill the right hand seat.

It was refreshing to hear it from the horses mouth away from all the spin and rumours.

Anyway as I say, just thought I would share some positive news for a change! :)

cTcPilot
2nd May 2010, 00:33
Thats good news!! My freinds who where made redundant from Arann a while back should get back the right hand seat of the ATR :ok:

BigNumber
2nd May 2010, 17:07
Finally some good news; thanks for sharing it with us.

I know several experienced ATR drivers looking for work. Hopefully this will get them on type again.

Thanks.

pipertommy
2nd May 2010, 21:06
Long list to fill those seats.............................................

Groundloop
4th May 2010, 08:53
another aircraft this year which would require about 8-10 F/O's to fill the right hand seat.

8 to 10 crews for one aircraft! That does not add up.

767200ER
4th May 2010, 13:34
Long list to fill those seats.............................................

Be a realist, Not everyone on that list will make the selection and be called to interview :)

ryank242
5th May 2010, 21:45
Anybody have any idea how many people PTC are putting through to Aer Arann, and how much notice do they usually give for an interview?

dwshimoda
5th May 2010, 22:52
Quote:
another aircraft this year which would require about 8-10 F/O's to fill the right hand seat.

Quote:
8 to 10 crews for one aircraft! That does not add up.

Agreed - 8-10 is a very high ratio...

However, even if they take 5 on, it's 5 more jobs for people than there are currently.