PDA

View Full Version : Man held for exam fraud

three eighty
30th Apr 2010, 07:45
Off the competitions website:

Man held for pilot exam fraud
2010-04-29 22:34

Johannesburg - A 35-year-old Malawian man was arrested in Port Elizabeth for allegedly writing a pilot's licence examination on behalf of another person on Thursday, Eastern Cape police said.

Warrant Officer Precious Timla said an invigilator noticed the irregularity while checking candidates' identity documents and called the police.

She said the man was believed to have been paid by a Nigerian national to write the exam for him.

He has been charged with fraud and was due to appear in the Port Elizabeth Magistrate's Court on Monday.

Timla said the Nigerian man was likely to be charged as well.

"He was not at the police station but he has been contacted," she said.

- SAPA

chongololo
1st May 2010, 21:58
What happens if he fails the test? Do you still have to pay him?
:ok:

Cave Troll
2nd May 2010, 04:24
Probably C.O.D.

Contract Dog
2nd May 2010, 07:26
well done chop! now CAA will stop PE exams and the rest of the guys will have to pay extra to go to JNB and do exams there. Nice! nothing better than a pilot that looks after himself!!

Dog

2nd May 2010, 13:31
In line with expectations following momentous degradation of lifestyle, security, and nation management capability of recently-acquired-independence African nations. From here, as proven north of the Limpopo and stretching out as far as the Mediterranean, this hill steepens and that ball rolls faster.

dynamicd
4th May 2010, 09:39
Most nigerians want the easy way out of every thing.This news is not suprising!Any body who has been to nigeria will see the results of this attitude in every aspect of our lives.This has led the nation to be in the state its in now.

To dwell on all the effects the nigerian way of doing things has on the nation is a waste of time!!!

Fortunately there are a lot of nigerians out there who follow the honest path of hard work.My advice to guys here is to please give nigerians they meet a fair chance to prove themselves,and only if they fail should they be crucified.

I believe the SA police will investigate this matter and I hope that if the gentleman in question is guilty he will face the full wrath of the law.

This will serve as a warning to all aspiring pilots to steer clear of exam fraud.If a student pilot cannot exert his/her self to study for exams, I wonder how the same person can cope with airplane technicals,company Sops,regs etc. Studying is a continous process,it never stops in aviation.If you cannot accept that, go and do someother trade,and stay away from the sky so that it can be safe. :ok:

spongebathbob
4th May 2010, 19:54
He'll be flying for SAA soon....Uh probabaly both of them....and take the jobs away from others that deserve it more.....

Goffel
4th May 2010, 20:30
It is so funny how ur lips flap whilst in jail.......I do believe there are now many peope who are on the short list......

Contract Dog
4th May 2010, 21:16
Nice one Goff! just be sure that when you pass the info on to the NCAA about any othe Nigerians that went through the same process, that you get them to send you $3000 via Western Union for "admain fees" :}

Keep up the good work!

Dog

rudder hard over
5th May 2010, 06:41
When will some these people of Africa learn that the only way to get through these exams, is through hard work. I had a look at the pics up in the in the CAA security office bearing banned exam candidates. All black people and mostly from Nigeria. One wanders how many have slipped through to obtain licences. They seem to have developed a culture of entitlement where they think they are entitled to get everything spoonfed to them. Sadly, these few tarnish the reputation of the rest of us people from Africa.

unstable load
5th May 2010, 10:27
dynamicd (http://www.pprune.org/members/140481-dynamicd),

Well said! :ok:
The only bit I have an issue with is this bit....
I believe the SA police will investigate this matter and I hope that if the gentleman in question is guilty he will face the full wrath of the law.
:hmm:

DownIn3Green
5th May 2010, 20:38
Dyna, I agree w/ you....

"Oscar Man, Oscar Man, no one can fly like Oscar can". That was our song in the Congo re: a Nigerian Captain...

A true gentleman and a very good pilot...

And he cared very much about his homeland....

Everyone is different, but REAL contract pilots never judge the book by the cover...if one does, one will not survive in the African Contract World...

eagleflier
8th May 2010, 17:32
It is so annoying :mad: that a few Nigerians come to South Africa to further dent the already dented image of Nigeria. There are lots of honest and intelligent Nigerians out there but idiots like these make it hard for them.
Now i understand why i got odd looks when i passed all my exams in one sitting each.

It must be said though that there are some unscrupulous elements in the SACAA who aid and abet these cheats or how else do you explain students having answers to all the different sets of Nav exams. How on earth is it possible to write CPL Navigation in 10 minutes and get 98%.

I remember being asked after my PPL Nav exam "who did you pay".

I hope the SACAA informs the NCAA of the names of these cheats so they just dont up n leave SA to another country then come back to Nigeria with unearned licenses to further pollute the already relatively unsafe Nigerian skies.

I really hope he faces the full wrath of the law.

Bloody F:mad:in IDIOT

Cave Troll
9th May 2010, 06:09
Hey eagleflyer

Now don't go and claim all the "idiots" for your self. We have plenty of those in SA. In fact there are plenty all over the place from every country. They only thing is Nigerians may have a bit more of a reputation for doing things like this but at the end of the day they are all idiots and should all be harshly dealt with.

ct

Capetonian
9th May 2010, 06:59
It is so annoying that a few Nigerians come to South Africa

If only it were 'a few'. Nobody knows the true number, and that of course is the fault of the immigration authorities/border control who have lost the plot. The true number is more likely a few hundred thousand and whilst certainly not all are criminals, those who are give them all a bad name worldwide.

Making it worse is that they are mostly behind syndicated crime, drugs, prostitution, fraud, and organised car-jackings. The 'little guys' out on the street doing the deeds are often not Nigerians, they are paid minions from other countries in Africa,, the Nigerians sit in their mansions controlling it and raking in the proceeds, and not getting caught often enough.

I really hope he faces the full wrath of the law.

I hope they all do, but the policing, detection and judicial systems do not have the resources to control crime any more. At least the Nats got that right, now look what the great democracy has brought.

Cave Troll
9th May 2010, 07:13
"At least the Nats got that right, now look what the great democracy has brought."

I could not agree more

ct

unstable load
9th May 2010, 09:05
What they said!!:ok:

unstable load
9th May 2010, 19:23
No, actually it doesn't, Champagne Lover.

It leaves me with a terrible sense of sadness that the ANC government for some inexplicable reason has done all they can to undo something they inherited in a reasonably good condition- that being the country of South Africa.

We had a functioning, if misdirected, security service.
We had a well trained and disciplined military.
We had municipalities that were stable and functional.
We had a national power grid that supplied the country and a lot of Southern Africa.
We had a national carrier that was respected worldwide for their standards and service.
We had an agricultural sector that fed US and a lot of others outside our borders.

What of those including many others do we still have in the same state?

Precious few, if any. That has nothing to do with Nigerians, Congolese or any other nation that has come to visit or stay in SA, it is entirely self-inflicted.

The influx of criminals from Nigeria and elsewhere is a consequence of this decay we are experiencing, and the only reason the Nigerians seem to be getting the short end of the matter in this and other threads is purely from the sheer weight of numbers of people who have come to make things worse for the citizens of SA.
We have eneough criminals of our own, thanks. We do not need any more.

Capetonian
9th May 2010, 20:32
The influx of criminals from Nigeria and elsewhere is a consequence of this decay we are experiencing

I can't fully agree with that. The influx of people - criminals or not - is placing a great strain on the infrastructure and is to some extent a cause of the decay.

deeceethree
9th May 2010, 21:30
The influx of people - criminals or not - is placing a great strain on the infrastructure and is to some extent a cause of the decay.Untrue I'm afraid. The decay would occur without a single extra person entering the country. One only has to look everywhere else in Africa to see the evidence.

Unfortunately, South Africa is destined to end up like Zimbabwe. In 15 years time, it will be a very decrepit place. Guaranteed.

Capetonian
10th May 2010, 05:51
The decay would occur without a single extra person entering the country. One only has to look everywhere else in Africa to see the evidence.

I agree with you - but I said the influx was making it worse.

Unfortunately, South Africa is destined to end up like Zimbabwe. In 15 years time, it will be a very decrepit place. Guaranteed.

We all desperately hope you are wrong, and a number of factors appear to mitigate against this happening, mainly SA's relative wealth, overseas investment, and strategic importance, the numbers are different too. Tragically though the signs that you may be right are manifesting themselves daily.

You also have to remember that since 1948 peope have been saying : "South Africa will 'blow up' in five years.". It hasn't ..... but they are still saying the same. I often wonder if it's like the frog who jumps from one lilypad to another and each jump takes him half the distance of the previous jump, but he still never gets to the other side of the pond.

kotakota
10th May 2010, 06:34
Any system that allows fruitcakes like Malema to freely espouse their racist mantra , should not be surprised at the eventual outcome . I expect he will get a slight wrist -slap and be told to wind his neck in until the World Cup is over . This will most likely be the last big beano in SA . Sadly , the crime and extremism to come will start the big decline . The minority who pay most of the tax , the same people who are the only ones to pay for electricity and subsidise the rest , will all take their business somewhere else less radical.
Its been fun but..........

unstable load
10th May 2010, 08:45
kotkota,
Any system that allows fruitcakes like Malema to freely espouse their racist mantra , should not be surprised at the eventual outcome
Indeed, sir!:ugh:

deeceethree,
I agree, with the exception of your Zim theory.

Capetonian,
If someone comes to SA to earn an honest living, I have no problem with that. You have a work permit, you pay your tax and you pay your way and by doing so you take some of the pressure off me.

Capetonian
10th May 2010, 09:12
unstable load - of course i have no concerns about If someone comes to SA to earn an honest living . Many countries, sa included, have benefitted from immigration. The problem is with the illegals who are net takers, rather than contributors.

Contract Dog
10th May 2010, 12:23
The Tax system, explained in beer.

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to R100.

If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this...

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay R1.
The sixth would pay R3.
The seventh would pay R7.
The eighth would pay R12.
The ninth would pay R18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay R59.

So, that`s what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve.

"Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I`m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by R20." Drinks for the ten now cost just R80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes.

So the first four men were unaffected.

They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men? The paying customers?

How could they divide the R20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?`

They realized that R20 divided by six is R3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody`s share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.

So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man`s bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100%
savings) The sixth now paid R2 instead of R3 (33% savings).
The seventh now pay R5 instead of R7 (28% savings).
The eighth now paid R9 instead of R12 (25% savings).
The ninth now paid R14 instead of R18 ( 22% savings).
The tenth now paid R49 instead of R59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a Rand out of the R20,"declared the sixth man.

He pointed to the tenth man," but he got R10!"

"Yeah, that`s right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a Rand, too.
It`s unfair that he got ten times more than I!"

"That`s true!!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get R10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn`t get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!"

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn`t show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn`t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, this is how our tax system works.

The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction.

Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore.

In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

Who is going to join me overseas for a beer then? :E

Dog

Contract Dog
10th May 2010, 13:00
Mate, any time re that beer, but dont stress! the dog managed to escape his 7 year captivity in the desert, now living in the Congo, another gem of a place:E, but bought the house in Europe, now just need a job there!

Equatorial Dog

wrinkly wings
10th May 2010, 18:57
hehe nice analogy Dog. I'll take you up on the beer in Europe, but you will just have to dilute mine with soda, us old timers have to protect our last few brain cells!:hmm: