View Full Version : IndiGo seeks to buy 150 planes

vinayak
30th Apr 2010, 06:16
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/biz/india-business/IndiGo-seeks-to-buy-150-planes/articleshow/5870749.cms

NEW DELHI: Five years after it created history by becoming the first start-up low-cost carrier (LCC) globally to place an order for 100 planes with a combine list price of $6.5 billion (Rs 30,000 crore), IndiGo on Wednesday sought the government's nod to acquire 150 more aircraft.

In his application for the in-principle approval, airline president Aditya Ghosh has said that the 100 planes will join the airline by 2015 and that they need the nod for fleet expansion in the 2015-25 decade.

The aviation ministry had in August 2005 allowed IndiGo to import the 100 A-320s, of which 30 are with the airline currently — 25 operational and five on short lease. The balance 70 will join by 2015. Echoing both Airbus and Boeing's requirement projections, Ghosh has said that India will require 1,000 new planes over the next two decades.

"We are looking at placing future orders beyond 2015.... IndiGo requests the ministry of civil aviation for in-principle approval for acquiring and inducting an additional 150 aircraft prior to 2025," the application says. The privately held and unlisted airline, which began operations in August 2006, is looking at raising anywhere from Rs 1,500-2,000 crore through an IPO.

IndiGo, which made a profit of Rs 82 crore in 2008-09, a figure that is expected to rise almost four times for 2009-10, has said that it is yet to decide on composition of the 150 more planes it wants to order for future deliveries.

It is going to begin talks with both Boeing and Airbus once the approval comes. The ministry is going to consider the application soon. The industry says IndiGo is essentially betting on the improving economic situation globally. Once air travel picks up and there's again a mad scramble to get planes.

Wannabe Flyer
30th Apr 2010, 06:52
150 aircraft prior to 2025,

Where do they get these numbers from?????

cyrilroy21
30th Apr 2010, 06:55
Did i just hear someone say " That means more jobs for us cpl holders " :ok::E

Elmer_mt
30th Apr 2010, 14:18
Another Indian Lie.......liars:=

fullforward
30th Apr 2010, 15:23
From time to time there is: annoucements of huge fleet expansions and all associated bla bla bla.
Was like this is late 90's, around 2006 and then now.
Were is the infrastrucure for that? Airports, ATC etc?
See Mumbai, a 20 plus million inhabitants city with a SINGLE runaway airport, with dozens of aircraft burning tons of fuel, waiting up to 1:30 hr for landing!
No sign of a new airport project, maybe another 20 years will pass before it can happen.:ugh:

Capt Apache
30th Apr 2010, 15:34
Where do they get these numbers from?????

From sources like Airbus,Boeing and CAPA Sir.Kindly look here.

Airbus foresees demand for some 25,000 aircraft in the next 20 years (http://www.airbus.com/en/presscentre/pressreleases/pressreleases_items/09_09_17_gmf_2009_press_conference.html)

I hope Elmer is not suggesting they are liars too.He probably forgot to read this but he can do that now.

Echoing both Airbus and Boeing's requirement projections, Ghosh has said that India will require 1,000 new planes over the next two decades.

@full forward

You must be flying a helicopter Sir.Kindly stop hovering over Mumbai and come to Delhi to see the infrastructure progress that GMR and others have made over there.

Capt Apache
30th Apr 2010, 15:44
And from Delhi Kindly proceed to Bangalore Sir.This will be good for your own knowledge on aviation in India.

Bangalore International Airport - Airport Technology (http://www.airport-technology.com/projects/bangalore/)

And from Bangalore kindly proceed to Kolkata Sir.Its a long way but knowledge is never easy to acquire.

Key airport upgrade nears finishing line - Kolkata - City - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kolkata-/Key-airport-upgrade-nears-finishing-line/articleshow/5486259.cms)

After you have rested in Kolkata,I will tell about more places Sir.Over and Out.

NEWYEAR
30th Apr 2010, 22:14
Hi Everybody-

I canīt understand how they hope to be in the first place without pilots...avoiding foreigner pilots...

Itīs an error not take advantage of pilots form other countries...

:ok:

Capt Apache
1st May 2010, 02:46
I canīt understand how they hope to be in the first place without pilots...avoiding foreigner pilots...

Itīs an error not take advantage of pilots form other countries...

Thats where I come in Sir.Straight to the right seat of a Jet.Who knows,Maybe I will get to choose which Jet to fly.Hopefully the good expats get to keep their jobs.The bad ones.....Well....Kindly adjust
:}

Here's more

Bombardier eyes big biz in India-Airlines / Aviation-Transportation-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/Bombardier-eyes-big-biz-in-India/articleshow/5838041.cms)

Capt Apache
1st May 2010, 04:07
fullforward said:

No sign of a new airport project, maybe another 20 years will pass before it can happen.:ugh:

Rajiv Gandhi (Hyderabad) International Airport, Andhra Pradesh - Airport Technology (http://www.airport-technology.com/projects/hypderbadIndia/)

Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International - Airport Technology (http://www.airport-technology.com/projects/babasaheb-ambedkar/)

Trivandrum International Airport, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala - Airport Technology (http://www.airport-technology.com/projects/trivandrum-int/)

Reliance, Tatas for Udaipur, Amritsar airport upgrade (http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/business/reliance-tatas-for-udaipur-amritsar-airport-upgrade_10038604.html)

Besides the Udaipur and Amritsar airports, 33 non-metro airports are in the process of being upgraded and additional infrastructure are being put to place.

Of the total 35 airports undergoing upgradation, development of 24 non-metro airports is being undertaken through public-private partnerships (PPP). These include the Amritsar and Udaipur airports also.

All the 25-non-metro airports have been given a deadline for upgradation by 2010.

Thats this year.:p

Wannabe Flyer
1st May 2010, 04:32
Capt

Dead on target about Delhi. I myself have seen the inside of the airport and cannot wait for it to open. They say July 1st so I have booked myself a flight landing on July 1st into Delhi!

I think what FF is pointing out is specifically related to Bombay and how it is getting left behind. While there is cosmetic change I think the glaring difference in infrastructure will show only post July 1 when the new airport is open in Delhi. Maybe that will wake a few up. :O

Capt Apache
1st May 2010, 04:51
1.The modernisation work of the Rs 9,800-crore project entered its fourth year in 2010

2.There are some unique problems that MIAL had to cope with. Unlike the airports in, say, Delhi or Hyderabad that were cleared for modernisation around the same time, Mumbai airport had just 1,450 acres, against the 5,000 and 5,500 acres that the former two had.
In a nutshell Mumbai airport was “city-locked” — heavily encroached upon with a village on its lands, a river prone to flooding on the periphery, and some of the city's biggest drains passing right through it.

3.CSIA is said to be the first airport in India to introduce an airport management system by SITA, the global provider of airport IT solutions.

4.The airport now has modern signages, flight information display and public address systems, housekeeping and maintenance, and a new transit facility at Terminal 2A, increased transportation facilities for transit passengers and a new check in area at Terminal1B

5.With all this, CSIA has also shifted from dependence on manual systems to IT-driven automation, enabling end-to-end management of airport resources in real time. It has also entered into an agreement with SITA to implement CUSS (common use self service) kiosks to enhance passenger experience and CUTE (common use terminal equipment) check-in systems to organise gate and check-in counter allocations.

6.As a part of the overall effort to upgrade the cross runway system, MIAL also completed the reconstruction of the runway intersection at CSIA as planned. This complex project entailed clockwork execution and was completed in a period of 22 weeks starting on October 27, 2009 and ending on March 23, 2010.

7.MIAL has inaugurated four new taxiways which have helped in improving runway efficiency

8.With the aim of freeing up encroached land for development and expansion work at the airport, MIAL has also awarded the contract for rehabilitation and resettlement of airport slums to Housing Development and Infrastructure Ltd (HDIL). According to sources in MIAL, 40-45 per cent of the Rs 9,800-crore expenditure which the project entails, has already been spent on the modernisation of CSIA, however, there is work to be done still.

For full article see here:The Hindu Business Line : Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport modernisation, still on… (http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2010/03/29/stories/2010032953100400.htm)

No new airport project at Mumbai.Yeah It will take time.But its not like they have been farting all these years doing nothing

av8r76
1st May 2010, 07:42
This is all good but will it be able to handle a downpour unlike our 1D.

Lots of style... substance... time will tell.

Hark back to our latest fog season and the edicts posted by DGCA to have all crews CAT3 trained. Airlines comply and the RVR instrumentation fails just at the right time rendering the training a waste of airlines' precious resources. Need we discuss the buck passing that ensued.

Once again.. a lot of style... where's the substance.

There is development, yes but PLEASE learn to accept valid criticism and not retaliate with a barrage of news articles... which more often than not are pure sensationalism.

Capt Apache
1st May 2010, 08:15
Only time will tell Sir.That is true.But you will need to be a bit more patient and accept facts as facts rather than trash them as sensationalism just coz they dont fit your scheme of things.

We will accept valid criticism when you offer them.But what most people have offered is only blind scepticism.

fullforward
1st May 2010, 22:45
Apache, I'm refering precisely to BOM: horrible ATC (some controlers think they are as good as the fast they speak "Indinglish", and then there are countless "say agains" from every foreing acfts); single rwy; holding forever...it's downright unnaceptable.:ugh:

Capt Apache
2nd May 2010, 03:40
From time to time there is: annoucements of huge fleet expansions and all associated bla bla bla.
Was like this is late 90's, around 2006 and then now.
Were is the infrastrucure for that? Airports, ATC etc?

The line in bold does not suggest you were referring specifically to Bom.In any case my last post did refer specifically to Bom.The whole world is saying that there will be terrific demand for their planes in India because of passenger numbers growing yoy.Infrastructure has improved in many places in last 5 years alone;and will continue to improve in the years ahead in areas where it has lagged.That is what Indigo is betting on.

Sir I know what ATC is like in a lot of places.India is better than a lot of them.If you always choose to look at the glass half empty,Allow me the liberty to look at the glass half full.

AI744
2nd May 2010, 09:40
@ Elmer MT

Well Kabayan, why dont you crawl back into the craphole you came from rather than working in India. If its so bad here maybe you should get back to PAL. There seem to be a lot of opportunites for nutters like you who are probably frustrated by the fact that you dont get enough of "Lady-boys" here in India for yourself. :}

NEWYEAR
2nd May 2010, 09:42
HI everybody.

The future is in Asia, India, Viettnam, China, etc. Because they are growing, there are a lot of people over there and they need facilities and transport to travel and move their goods.
Chine is expanding all over the world, home and world market. Itīs only an example.

Once upon a time when Asian used to travel by old busses or trains, or horses... They are being a modern sociaty at which they need modern transport, so planes. And, obviously people who wants to help and work with them.

Goverments should realize that they are lack of qualified and trained pilots with experience in Airbus, Boeing, Brasilia, Bombardier which are the most importants firms in aviation industry.

vinayak
3rd May 2010, 07:00
maybe indiGo becomes the next ILFC of India:}

Its too early to really comment but interesting... considering just ahead of the IPO